HFS: Working with uploads
Upload feature works with real-folders.
Step by step
First, define a real-folder. To do this:
- Add a folder.
- Choose real-folder.
- You should now see a RED folder in your virtual file sytem, inside HFS.
- Right click on this folder.
- Set Upload → upload for accounts → anyone
Now anyone who has access to your HFS server can upload files to you.
If you want to restrict access to upload you can do it in many ways. Here are some
- Restrict access to the folder
- right click on the folder → restrict access → select accounts.
- Restrict the upload itself
- in the step-by-step procedure above, don't click on anyone but select the accounts you want to allow.
- Hide the folder
- right click on the folder → hide. Now people can't see your folder, so only people who knows the folder is there can access it by typing the correct address.