HFS: Working with uploads
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Upload feature only works with real folders.
First, define a real folder. To do this:
- Add a folder.
- Choose real folder.
- You should now see a RED folder in your virtual file system, inside HFS.
- Right click on this folder.
- Set Upload → upload for accounts → anyone
Now anyone who has access to your HFS server can upload files to you.
There are many ways to restrict access to upload. Here are some
- Restrict access to the folder
- Right-click on the folder → restrict access → select accounts.
- Restrict the upload itself
- In the step-by-step procedure above, don't click on anyone but select only the accounts you wish to allow.
- Hide the folder
- Right-click on the folder → hide. Now no-one can see your folder, so only people who know the folder is there can access it by typing the correct address.