rejetto forum

SSL with a real certificate

Offline rednyle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

Does anybody know if it's possible to apply HFS with a real ssl certificate (Go Daddy or Thawte) so that the browser doesn't complain about it not being a valid certificate. I'm currently using Stunnel and it works great but a friend would like to have this setup for his company so that his clients can use it to download and upload documents. He would like his clients to not have to see the certificate warnings. Is there something I can do to accomplish this? I looked everywhere on the forum but other than Stunnel, I can't find anything.

Thanks,
Dom

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Any standard PEM certificate should work...   Certificates as .CRT are the same thing, you just need to change the extension.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:28:07 PM by raybob95 »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
to use ssl certificate of Go Daddy or Thawte, it's necessary that you have their two public and private keys.

Offline sleepytom

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Very new to this software, followed the instructions above but then sort of released this is using its own cert?
I want to use one from go daddy so i need to look at doing this, does anyone know if that is possible using stunnel?

Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:23:58 AM by sleepytom »

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
My website uses STunnel with an SSL cert..... just take the .key file you download, copy it into the .crt certificate they give you, and that's your certificate.

Offline sleepytom

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Can you generate a request from stunnul or should this be done from any server?

Offline sleepytom

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Got the cert now, what file do i need to copy it into and how do i go about this?
Any help would be amazing!