rejetto forum

HFS not accesible via browser

Offline Iceman26na

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I've been running HFS 2.2f and 272(hoping it would correct fault, but alas) on a Windows 2008 R2 box for about a year now. It has about 5 TB of data shared to about 200 people. but connectivity via browser dies all the time. checked server logs, no errors, checked Anti Virus and Firewall. have set no restrictions on number of connections or downloads(even tried that, doesnt work). if i turn the HFS Server off and on (F4) connection is available again for a few minutes, but will die again. odd thing though is that users already connected can continue to download files, but not browse anymore, nor further connections made.

PLEASE HELP! I'm at a loss for solution.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
try enabling log for "connections", and see, while it's broken, if connections produce any log information

Offline Iceman26na

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thanks very much for suggestion. included connections in the log, but reflects nothing. i can't even access the html from the host itself. i need to stop and start server before it'll work again.

most confusing and frustrating.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the empty log IS an information. :)
apparently HFS is not reject connection, it never gets them.
use any method to see if the port is actually open.
you see the number on the top bar of HFS, then you can run a software like tcpview, or cports, or just "netstat -nap tcp" from the command line. What you like best.