rejetto forum

Proposal %diskfree%

~GeeS~ · 6 · 3343

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
The variable %diskfree% indicates the total free space of the disk.
I would like to see the total free disk space minus the "Minimum Disk Space" as defined in "Limits", because a total disk free without considering the applied limit doesn't make sense.
The proposed adjustment would indicate the real available space for an upload.

PS:
Testing uploads on a "full" disk (available: 5.6GB, Minimum: 5.7GB) didn't give an error message, but an endless wait.
(Browser:IE, can't test with Opera, because my working box has been "cleaned" :(  .)
Can somebody confirm?
~GeeS~

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "~GeeS~"
The variable %diskfree% indicates the total free space of the disk.
I would like to see the total free disk space minus the "Minimum Disk Space" as defined in "Limits", because a total disk free without considering the applied limit doesn't make sense.
The proposed adjustment would indicate the real available space for an upload.
Yes, that makes sense.

Quote from: "~GeeS~"
PS:
Testing uploads on a "full" disk (available: 5.6GB, Minimum: 5.7GB) didn't give an error message, but an endless wait.
(Browser:IE, can't test with Opera, because my working box has been "cleaned" :(  .)
Can somebody confirm?
Tested and works ok in Opera 8.51, Netscape 7.2 and Internet Explorer 6.0.  (don't have firefox installed right now).    [upload-failed] is triggered as it should without any delay *after the file is uploaded*.  (*yes I know that doesn't make much sense*, but that's the behavior of the HTTP protocol -  an upload is an HTTP request and can answer only after the request is complete).

maverick
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
so, no need for introducing a new symbol
i will just replace the current %diskfree%

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile