rejetto forum

Reference folder name for marquee

Guest · 6 · 4161

Surreal14

I am helping a buddy build his site and was wondering if there was a way to reference a certain page name to display associated marquee (it's been a while since I coded)

Basically what I would like to do is:

on home page: marqueeA
on music page: marqueeB
on XX page: marqueex

etc.

Thanks for your help and love the software and templates (may start up my own server soon ;) )

Surreal14

A little info: I know that to do this I need to reference the marquee (as I already have done for ease of changing) to every marquee setting in the HTML, I then need that marquee to reference the current folder being viewed, this value will tell the marquee what to say. I just need to know what the reference command would be and then I think I'll be set ;)

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
You can use macros to display the marquee dependign of the folder, or better, you can call a section aamarquee and then use diff templates int the folders you want to do it, placing there an alternate aamarquee.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Surreal14

hmm not sure how to do that, got an example? not asking you to do the work for me, just how it would work in this program as he's not really making the page in HTML format.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Doing it with macros: place some code like this where you have now one marquee, just change the first parameter of the pos macro to the foldername you want to have a special marquee for.

Code: [Select]
{.if|{.=|%folder%|/.}{:<marquee>This is the home page</marquee>:}.}
{.if|{.pos|music|%folder%.}|{:<marquee>this is the music folder</marquee>:}.}
{.if|{.pos|xxx|%folder%.}|{:<div>here you place html for folder xxx and <marquee>his subfolders</marquee></div>:}.}
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
or something like

<marquee>
{.switch|%folder%|;|
  /|this is the message for the homepage|
  /music/|this is the message for the music folder|
.}
</marquee>