rejetto forum

Recent Posts

Everything else / Re: Let things calm down
« Last post by Mars on April 29, 2022, 08:12:00 PM »
The problem is that when the address of a target is known to a hacker, there is little chance that it will not be tested. From Rom_1983's point of view, nothing accuses you, but given the suspicion that you are under surveillance, it suggests that these attacks are indirectly linked to your Python scripts.The problem is that when the address of a target is known to a hacker, there is little chance that it will not be tested. From Rom_1983's point of view, nothing accuses you, but given the suspicion that you are under surveillance, it suggests that these attacks can be indirectly linked to your Python scripts.

It should also be remembered that all messages with their content containing links to personal sites are visible to any visitor who is not logged in, so do not be surprised to be potentially the victim of unwanted visits.

If we hear most often about big brother and its eavesdropping through the NSA, we should not forget that other major countries are not behind in this area either and are increasingly trying to manipulate the opinion, it is therefore logical to remain suspicious of them as long as it is not possible to verify the information by means of sources not subject to the directives of these governments

Everything else / Let things calm down
« Last post by NaitLee on April 29, 2022, 06:35:32 PM »
This topic is relative to https://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=13535.msg1067427#msg1067427

Let things calm down. I can't persuade further since it will make things go worse.

They are still false positives.

Gibberish code, just crackers trying another non-sense protocol (possibly HTTPS).

Bell ring, a common concept of Windows CMD/PowerShell, when there's a BELL (0x07) character, Windows will just ring, to alarm something. It's along with above circumstance.

Connect? Just another non-sense that try to horrify you.
Just compare the CONNECT with GET or POST. The difference is servers just don't understand it and won't do anything.
No request methods except GET, HEAD and POST will work, in that script.

Code: [Select]
# Example. Try in unix-like environment and modify as need
echo -e -n "CONNECT google.com:443 HTTP/1.1\r\n" | socat tcp-connect:127.0.0.1:8081 -
# it won't do anything wrong in either side

For other things else, I think I could stop, "guessing" as said. I don't want to be superhero, anyway. Do what you like & think best.

Losing trust is terrible. Even more terrible if it's all caused by outsider stalkers. Terrible for both person. Yet more if plus region things.

Now that even if I do more, useless.

Hope everything will go well, without me.

Goodbye.
About @Naitlee's Python script

- I've had a long discussion with him, because I've been the target of distant hacking attempts everyday since the use of the script a few days ago. Attacks by injection ike : "192.241.214.230 - - [25/Apr/2022 12:02:33] "GET /actuator/health HTTP/1.1" 404 - or "205.210.31.151 - - [29/Apr/2022 14:33:41] code 400, message Bad request version ('À(À$À\x14À')
↨♣>3¢Æ'M←·1♥¸♥»ù~ Úr–£:ë„>♠  h̶Ì‼À/À+À0À,À◄ÀÀ'À#À‼À    À(À$À¶À" 400 -"

- I don't know if these are worldwide bots or a solo hacker, and I don't know if the requests are made by using my IP with the standard 80 port, or my DYNDNS addresses.
- Naitlee helped to improve the script, but it still isn't enough because I'm constantly hearing Windows10 ERROR sounds (several times per day), and those attackers even managed to trigger my antivirus by trying to use a EK-Mozi threat and 127.0.0.1:8000 hacks. See :

- They also try to make my PC to connect to distant servers like "CONNECT google.com:443 HTTP/1.1" 501"

I want to say that to my eyes, the script isn't safe WHATEVER Naitlee will say. He seems too confident and overestimating his capabilities to understand that Python is a dynamic language with a potential impact on the filesystem and operating system, as PHP or any other dynamic language, wich is very suspicious to me. Saying me that "Python is compiled and can't be modified at runtime" and that "I don't understand that all the attack are benign and Python is bullet-proof", is to me the last thing that made me to decide to write this comment. Python is used for many things including writing files, connecting to websites, etc, so any injection and abuse can make a language unstable and propitious to being diverted. I'm not a Python user, but it seems very unrealistic to say that the core-language could never be reached by any breach opened from the original script, and that all methods from the languages aren't accessible just because of "the compilation process".

(...part removed by rejetto...)

I considere that the escalation of attempts, especially the EK-Mozi threat, give me the right to do such a temporary conclusion.
Consequently, I prefer to wait for an official solution by rejetto for now.

Officiel HFS solution

Speaking of wich :

what if i told you i just finished a 15-lines plugin that gives you this.

...HFS 3 of course

@rejetto : very happy to see that you finally did it !
The script developped by Naitlee routes incomming requests by specifiying the IP and port we want. And I'm not sure your plugin allows such a precision.
Moreover, I'm not sure that your plugin allow to use several "hosts", you only give a single example.
But I'll try HFS 3 asap to be sure. THANKS A LOT <3 !

About security

I'm asking right now, due to my experience with the routing of Naitlee's script, some fure improvment(s) that seem to me necessary to avoid bad surprises :

- A way to whitelist URLs incomming in HFS. If a distant user try to reach a URL that isn't corresponding to any URLs parent node, thus he'll been blocked.
- Adding all URL of all nodes corresponding to the tree of folders in HFS being tedious, of course the feature must be friendly and allow to accept any sub-url typed (ex : by using a metacharacter like /stuffs/thing/*).

If you feel I'm not very accurate in my suggestion, please understand that I'm not an advance programmer. I just use my basics to communicate here to help to improve things intelligently (as by "trapping" any malicious user when he types unexpected URLs, without being forcefully exhaustive and bullet-proof ; but we rather do something simple for now than do nothing, and we can count on hackers being stupid by trying to type injection right on the root of URLs we publicly share).
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Any one want to have a look at my HFS in Python?
« Last post by NaitLee on April 28, 2022, 05:20:17 PM »
NaitLee, it's a good suggestion to show it somebody. Because it's not my cup of coffee but I 'l'l show your release to folks from https://sloboda-studio.com/python-development-services/ .Hope they answer sth to me ) Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Thank you for doing something. Though I still don't understand the purpose of this (about Work? sorry maybe I'm still too young), it's good that ones care about me.

While I haven't updated PHFS for a long time and it's somewhat outdated, I personally use it almost everyday -- just beside HFS 2/3 for its familiarity & I-know-the-best.

These days I'm working on another project (not related to HFS, but still Python/Server&Client/App): Cat-Printer
It's still like that, few dependencies & less overhead, for everyone from newbies to geeks, and if you just say "quality" it could satisfy you!

Also worth to note is that, considering something like React, I don't like it and don't want to do. Though it's so-called "a must" in many places, it's not for me, in technology or philosophy.
It's said that: why React or whatever? If it can do, why pure javascript can't? Why pick the complete opposite to your purpose?
The same applies to Python etc. PHFS have just two dependencies: wsgiserver and werkzeug. The later is a part of Flask, though I didn't use the whole thing. The other is yet just a basic & fast WSGI "entrance". I prefer few deps, since I don't like it (messy), users don't like it (too big & slow), every developer in fact doesn't like it (hard to manage & maintain).
Maybe my thoughts have conflicts to people. But that's just what I think. I don't like so-called "profession", I just want to make everything be what it should be -- usually simple enough, to be accepted by many one, if not every.
Remember UNIX philosophy? Do one thing, and do it well.

The other matter, I haven't tried Docker etc yet. I still need development in many directions, and experience. It's a far road to be true full-stack.

I could of course do applications & satisfy users now. And I have the ability to learn -- that's the usually being ignored, but most important one.

Thank everyone again, for your kindness to everyone that matters.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Any one want to have a look at my HFS in Python?
« Last post by Kean Sargent on April 28, 2022, 03:22:43 PM »
NaitLee, it's a good suggestion to show it somebody. Because it's not my cup of coffee but I 'l'l show your release to folks from https://sloboda-studio.com/python-development-services/ .Hope they answer sth to me ) Thank you in advance!
Right, one can make several domain names point to the same address but just differ the port.

The drawbacks are a) need to share the port along with address, b) maybe extra work to manage HFS instances & all VFS files

btw HFS url config make no use at how the server works -- it is used only for URL building :)
Two different sites, using only HFS settings.
Menu -Start/Exit -Uncheck "1 instance only".
Launch the first instance of HFS. Menu - IP adress - Put a checkmark in the "Dont include port in URL" box. This will be the first site with an address like http://191.ХХХ.ХХХ.ХХХ.
Launch second HFS instance. Menu - IP adress - Uncheck "Dont include port in URL".
This will be the second site with an address like http://191.ХХХ.ХХХ.ХХХ:8080
I checked it today and it works.

...HFS 3 of course
Thanks!

...HFS 3 of course
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: a new beginning...
« Last post by mandoz on April 24, 2022, 05:16:18 PM »
hello rejetto,

hfs 3018. is possible to know from the admin panel
internal and external ip address - more personal dns reachable

thank you