rejetto forum

Becoming a mirror

Guest · 8 · 2853

robert watton

Hi rege

can i become a mirror download for hfs, got good speed and bandwidth ??

regard rob

robert watton

hi

can a become a mirror download link for hfs so people wanting hfs can download it from my server ?

kind regards rob

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No it is imposible because only the updates of hfs from the server of rejetto are 100 % fully security for all the users.

Thank you all the same for the offer of hosting to miror, but the safety is essential and guarantees us the confidence of the users of hfs ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:16:09 PM by Mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi robert, thank you for your offer.
you can refer to this topic for all you need to do
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php/topic,4166.0.html

i guess mars misunderstood what you meant.

Offline Sinorrah

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi rejjeto

iam more than happy to be a mirror i have many servers doted around the world

however i can't seem to get it to work heres one of the servers url see if you can see whats wrong.
http://ihas.gotdns.com/hfs/synchfs.php

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome sinorrah!
it's like your server is not running php

mrprozac[lazy2login]

Hey rejetto,

since this topic is already started. My 2 cents, why not implement the mirror feature in the app so people can enable/disable the feature to disable. In this way anyone who wants to mirror can using their copy of HFS and they're not required to run a PHP enabled webserver. :)

i know i would enable that feature as a way to thank you :) My php-server usually crashes due to my master php skills :P

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The way it currently works, rejetto has set up the recording of hits and its on high bandwidth - proper servers (most of the time) if you randomly click the download button it will go between the highest bandwidth servers randomly. HFS is great and its an interesting idea, but its not a reliable way to host the application for distribution, especially with the number of hits it currently gets. It uses anywhere from 3gb-7gb of our server bandwidth per month and this is from the ~500kb completed executable.

The way you suggest is somewhat similar to Skypes call routing, which here in Australia is not practical, I have to manually disable it after install. The only places this will work is on high bandwidth cable connections, but I just don't see it being practical using HTTP.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:04:53 AM by TSG »