rejetto forum

Auto removing virtual folders that do not exist anymore?

Guest · 7 · 2741

Anonymous

I am using HFS 2b10.
I usually save my VFS with lots of virtual folders so I don't need to add folders again and again later on.
Howerver, since virtual folders don't update. when sub-folders (also virtual) are deleted (not all, but some). It become tedious to check which virtual folders don't exist anymore, unless all folders and add back manually.

Does HFS currently support any function to automatically check non-exist folders and remove it from VFS. If not, manual option would be good too.

thanks a lot, rejetto.
you are the best

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Just highlight the non-existant HFS virtual folder or virtual subfolder or even certain files within these folders with your mouse and then you can right click and select remove or just press your DEL key.  HFS doesn't automatically remove dead folders, which I think is the way it should be, as then you have complete control.
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a virtual folder, is virtual
it exists beyond the real folder
i guess you are talking about virtual folders created from a folder on your hard disk (that's not obvious). in this case, no, there's no option ATM to clear the VFS.
i think i will add such feature, it may ask you what dead items should it purge: files, real folders, virtual folders.

does it make sense to you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "rejetto"
a virtual folder, is virtual
does it make sense to you?

yes.
that's what i meant.
thank you rejetto.

Offline Replika

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i think i will add such feature, it may ask you what dead items should it purge: files, real folders, virtual folders.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but will you implement this feature?
It should be great if we can remove all deteted files from the list by one click :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile