rejetto forum

HFS start with not correct template and file system

Offline Brostin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Greetings to the Forum,
I use your help for information on how to launch HFS and load both my template and my file system. I would like to use the webserver through a service that is provided to me by the AppToService application. Unfortunately I am forced to use the service because HFS is loaded on a Windows Server 2012 and every time the connection is closed the webserver stops. I managed to configure AppToService and start the service with HFS but the problem is related to the fact that the correct file system and template are not loaded or the ones I would like to load.
How can I solve it? Thanks

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Hi!, welcome... :)

Since you cannot see the HFS window while it's running as a service, you could do this:

1) Stop the service (if started) that runs HFS
2) Run HFS executable to get normal GUI
3) Alter settings *
4) Save and exit HFS
5) Start the service that runs HFS

* = On step 3, you choose the template, load the file system, configure your preferences, and before you go to step 4, click on "Menu -> Save options -> to registry (all users)", in order to make sure that your service instance use your saved options. You could also follow THIS post, if HFS is having problems loading your VFS file.

Please get back if this has solved your problem or if you have any issues (since this will help another users having the same problem).

Cheers,
Leo.-
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:55:24 PM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Brostin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
A greeting and thanks first of all,

then, the problem was partially solved as the template is now correct mail File System is empty. It does not load the correct one. It seems to me that in your previous post I referred to a post but the link does not work.
However now the situation is as follows: HFS works but the file system does not load.

This happens either that after launching the service I then proceed manually launching HFS. In both cases the file system is not seen. It can only load if I launch HFS the traditional way and that is without the service. Thanks

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
It seems to me that in your previous post I referred to a post but the link does not work.
Sorry, I've fixed it.

However now the situation is as follows: HFS works but the file system does not load.
If everything fails, it's best to save settings in a file ("hfs.ini", which is stored along the HFS executable). To do this, follow this:

Switch to Expert Mode and go to Menu -> Save options -> to file

Please report back if that solved your problem.
Cheers,
Leo.-
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Hi! :)

In a hfs.events file in hfs.exe folder, you can add:

When HFS is switched on, to accept connections:
Code: [Select]
[+server start]
{.load|C:\myfolderpath\myfile.vfs.}
{.load|C:\myfolderpath\myfile.tpl.}

Or better:
When HFS is started:
Code: [Select]
[+start]
{.load|C:\myfolderpath\myfile.vfs.}
{.load|C:\myfolderpath\myfile.tpl.}

Verify also that:
Menu > Start/Exit > Reload on startup VFS file previously open (it's maybe sufficient)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:08:12 AM by SilentPliz »

Offline Brostin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Finally my problem is solved. After applying all your suggestions and failing to solve I moved on and started checking other aspects. And I found that the problem of not loading the File System was due to the fact that the folders to be published were not local but on the network path.
Basically what I understood is that HFS, if launched from a folder in the traditional way, can publish both local folders (e.g. C: \ Folder \ my folder) and network folders (e.g. \\ myserver \ mysharedfolder \ my folder) .
If launched through the AppToService application with the generation of a Windows service, the only folders that can be published are local ones and therefore HFS must be present on the usual server where the folders are shared.
So, in summary, I currently did the following:
1) Installation of AppToService;
2) Creation of the Windows HFS service;
3) Start the Windows service;

Obviously, all the configurations listed by you in the previous posts have been applied.
I hope I explained myself. Thank you all

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
just my 2 cents: services often run 'under' a different user (can be changed), and this may be why that networked resource is not accessible