rejetto forum

slow replying sometimes

Alons0 · 8 · 3385

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
Sometimes when I try to access to my folders the page is loading very slow (i saw in hfs "replying" into status). Then I stoped loading and I tried to load another folder - there's no problem. I have this problem very often. What you think people?
p.s. I'm using hfs 2.2a 137

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
You said there is one folder that loads very slow but no problem with loading another folder.  The first thing I have to ask is what is the difference between the folders?  Are diff tpl used? 
maverick

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
This is generally because a folder has so many files, its not a slow loading thing. Its a it either loads or it won't completely.  It goes away after some time. I have this problem with my mp3 folder (250ish songs).  This was GiantEagles speculation but he sounded pretty convinced and he said hes tested it.

The behavior I see is I click the folder link, it shows a full loading bar, then times out and I go to another folder just fine.  GE said this is a bug in HFS, does anyone know of a workaround? I'm so happy with HFS I just ignore it but it does seem like most people would get upset because most music folders are pretty big (and 250 is nothing compared to most libraries)

If the folder does not have a ton of files in it, then tell us of course.

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I too, occasionally get stuck with a replying message but never really thought much of it because clicking refresh seems to fix it.

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
You said there is one folder that loads very slow but no problem with loading another folder.  The first thing I have to ask is what is the difference between the folders?  Are diff tpl used? 
I talk about real folders and I don't use diff tpl. Usually the problem is viewed in my upload folder (~176MB). But sometimes there's no problem.

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Alans0, how many files are in that folder, I dont think size has anything to do with it, and it may be a bug in the way the template shows it. (I.E cells are larger in terayon than that of the default template).  Which template are you using.

Still, more importantly how many files are in that folder? As I said I dont think the size matters, if it was 2tb or 40mb, just depends on the files if its the same problem I've been having.

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
Now the files are 188. The problem is not actual every day or on every access but I decided to ask you what is it :-\

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
when the slow access occours, read the "build time" and report it.

anyway, my guess is that your HFS is not used for a while, and it is swapped in memory by Windows. Then you access it again and it is slow because it must be swapped to memory again.