rejetto forum

hfs 3 logo

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi guys, HFS 3 is not far, as you can read in the other dedicated thred "a new beginning".
I hope it can be made official this summer, but I'm already using it.

I want a new logo.
I will see if I can make another one myself, but I will also consider fiverr.
Let me know if some of you want to submit ideas/concepts/drawings.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:07:48 PM by rejetto »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, my idea is to ask someone to make me a custom version of this concept
https://www.shutterstock.com/it/image-vector/hand-food-cloche-tray-dish-platter-1128086180

and to change the motto (currently "the other way to share your files") to "serve fresh", referring to the fact that it's your disk providing files, and there's no de-sync with a cloud version

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
I suddenly remembered months earlier I've tried to make one, and it's actually done...
Sorry if it's late, but just take a look :D

It's, emm, of course my style, that is "unreal", "fantasy" or "virtual", in cyan color...
In case there's inspiration to make better, just do it :) no copyright stuff here (yet)

Attachment is a zip with logo SVG inside, Inkscape metadata included for further modification.
The font used is "Nasalization". I remember I took it from around here.
It have small canvas size, though, so just zoom properly
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
thanks buddy :)
it's nice, but I want to keep the food in the picture because I want to play with the food metaphor.
What is the Ǝ symbol by the way?

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
The reverse-slanted symbol is, first digit "3" simply for "HFS version 3", then... well I forgot what I'm thinking about that time :P
A little trick in logo is by thinking about some random shape first then squeeze some meanings out ;D

Also, doing logo isn't that hard, you can always scribble curve borders with bezier curve with mouse, and do whatever (like filling or stroking it)
If the shape is complex, there's potrace, to trace a vector image (though only result in black and white) out from bitmap

BTW the GIMP have both vector "paths" and selection-to-path feature, that can also be a "manual" version of vector tracing.
You can export a "path" out, that will be SVG format... and the program itself is preferred to do all the fancy things about bitmap... :)
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ooooooh, it was not hard to understand, but i managed to fail at it :D
i'm trying to get accustomed to gimp, after 20 years of paintshop pro