rejetto forum

Using Diff Template

Offline gkerr4400

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 I use EXE ver 2.2f and you can assign a different template for different folders. Right click on any folder ( under expert  ) go to advance and choose Diff Template and a template that is different from the main page can be applied to that folder. I've looked in the Beta versions and can't find that switch. Am I missing it or is it not incorporated yet ??
 I would like to use my template for the main page and maybe TOG or maybe a RAWR for a media streaming folder. And those templates only want to work on 2.3 , not 2.2

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Welcome gkerr4400  :)

The option you seek is here:

Right click on a folder in VFS > Properties... and you find the tab Diff template

You can also rename your template as hfs.diff.tpl and put it in the folder of your choice.

;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:46:57 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
many things have been moved into "properties".
if you prefer to keep the other template in a separate file instead of pasting it into the "diff template" text field, you can type the name of the file (with full path) in the text field.

Patrick

many things have been moved into "properties".
if you prefer to keep the other template in a separate file instead of pasting it into the "diff template" text field, you can type the name of the file (with full path) in the text field.
I tried on Live-3.0.0 template on Diff template (with full path) but it is not displayed the page correctly - all of the icons are not displayed?  Please help to check.  Thank you.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that's because that template uses other files for icons, and those files must be put in the virtual file system.

a possible way to solve this is to put the "template" folder you find near "Live-3.0.0.tpl" on the virtual file system. (and i guess you'll like to hide it)

Patrick

Thanks.  I can make it work now with one "Template" in Virtual File System", but it cannot work on two "Template" in Virtual File System (because I have two and more diff templates for folders) .  Could you please help me to check?  Thank you.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what are these 2 templates you are trying to live together?

Patrick

1.  Live-3.0.0.tpl
2.  RAWR-Template-0.1.2.tpl
3.  Gallery.tpl
4.  Terayon v1.3.3.tpl
and more templates for different folders

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the best would be for those templates to have a configurable folder name.
since they don't, you should edit the templates and replace every "template/" with "template-rawr/".
of course you should also rename the "template" folder to "template-rawr".
this applies to rawr template, and should be done for every template.

patrick

I have replaced all the "template/" to "template-RAWR/" in the template file, and also changed the folder to "template-RAWR" and put it in the VFS.  It is working with folders displayed but not the files.  Please check.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there were some errors in your modifications.
i'm attaching you a working version.

Patrick

I tested with your attached template; however, it is the same problem.  It is only display the folders but not the files.  Please help.  Thank you.