rejetto forum

Feature Request. Account icon on menu bar and menu change of name.

Offline The Engineer

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello Rejetto.
Any chance of having the options to place the Account creation/maintenance Icon and others on the menu bar, where the Menu, Port Icons are?
Also just a passing thought, and based on my preference, the menu selection "account restrictions" causes me confusion. Could not the title be changed to "account permissions", that way, the word permission is more allied to the ticks. The word "restrictions" tends to clash with the ticks, if you see what I am getting at.
regards,

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it's not "account restriction" but "access restriction".
indeed, until you use that option, the access is not restricted but free to anyone.
i understand your confusion, but would also like to not lose part of the meaning with the change.

i would like to know what others think about the account button suggestion.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The appropriate term could be:

restrict access     -->>   Access granted to ...

and

no account       -->>  anyone    (with a checked box before and work as for upload when activ)
                                             at the first position into sub-menu "restrict access"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 11:49:37 PM by mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline The Engineer

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
it's not "account restriction" but "access restriction".
indeed, until you use that option, the access is not restricted but free to anyone.
i understand your confusion, but would also like to not lose part of the meaning with the change.

i would like to know what others think about the account button suggestion.

Fair enough, but the word Permission is a widely used term for accounts. Permissions could show...

(Tick)  Open to Anyone     
or
(Tick) Name       
or
(Cross) Name   

I also would have thought, having set the global account permissions that are inherited, that the account names should reflect this when looking at each virtual folder permissions. If you look, you will no ticks set against account names. Surely the account permissions should cascade and be shown?

I find that the Account creation facility is the most widely in HFS, and easy access via the menu bar would make it so easy. As an example, see Filezilla Server, which I am certain the majority of forum correspondants are aware of.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to look at the suggestions from myself and others.

regards,

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Would it make more sense to have
Restrict Access - No Account
renamed to:
Restrict Access - No Restrictions?
'No Account' implies that you are restricted to not being able to log in with any account.

NO RESTRICTION is better and clearer if we keep  RESTRICT ACCESS    (Negation of a limitation)

but  ANYONE is more suited if we use ACCESS GRANTED TO ... ANYONE
                                                                                        NEW ACCOUNT
                                                                                        ALL EXISTING ACCOUNTS
                                                                                        (SELECTED ACCOUNTS)