rejetto forum

Address line operators

Foggy · 2 · 2925

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Is it possible to have hfs search for the address line operators that are found in urlvars, also search if they are in postvars.

I need this ability because on a couple of pages I have to post data into hfs but when i use post I cannot specify any urlvars to limit the number of files/folders etc and this leads to a lot of stress on the server.

Edit: Not sure if this is partly related but I seem to have a cache problem with hfs. My template relies heavily on urlvar's to output the correct pages and so far it works fine, but whenever I post a form the resulting page that processes the postvars is cached and I keep being presented with that page if I'm in the same folder, regardless if there is urlvars saying something else should be shown. It works perfectly after about 30 seconds though, which is why I think it may be a possible cache problem.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:22:32 AM by Foggy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. even if you are posting, you can specify some params in the URL.
<form method='post' action='/folder/?limit=3'>

2. if you use firefox, try installing firebug. it will reveal you what is happening, if it is caching or not.
you can use <meta> to tell the browser to not cache.
anyway, HFS is alreadying sending "no cache" information for folder pages. Folder pages are the ones generated from the template starting from the main section [].