rejetto forum

Out of no where, HFS speeds drastically decreased.

timz · 5 · 1547

Offline timz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hey all.

I've been running HFS for over a year now on my server based in Quebec. I am located in New Jersey, and my download speeds have always been maxed out at about 5-6 mb/Sec when using my download manager.. One day last week I go to start a download, and I am only getting around 250-300kb/sec. I went into limits and turned off the leeching protection, and this raised the speed up to 1.5-2mb/sec. The download manager opened up numerous simultaneous downloads to achieve it. I have always had the leeching aspect turned off, though, and I was able to maintain the highest speeds without the simultaneous downloads. Has anyone experienced anything like this? The server's download/upload speeds through other programs and such are still all at the regular speeds. HFS seems to be the only area where my speeds have slowed down. I was hoping maybe someone else has experienced a similar problem and found the solution. Thanks all!

PS - BTW, I absolutely love this program. If any of the devs read this, thank you so much!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome timz :)
did this change happen after an update?
something must have changed, somewhere, somehow.
and what version are you using?

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Hi and welcome... :)
It sounds your ISP touched something...
Are you running HFS on traditional ports? (like 80 or 443). Perhaps if you run it on some strange port (like 33907, 5600, 9080, etc), your ISP may be throttling your speed on non-traditional ports. It happened to me.
Try using port 80.
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline timz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hey guys.

Thanks so much for the responses. My download speeds were fine from other reliable sources, but this morning I gave downloading a file a shot and speeds were back to normal. I am thinking maybe it was something going on server side. After thinking about it, it didn't make any sense for it to be an issue with HFS, being that I haven't changed or updated it at all recently. Thanks again for wonderful software!

Timz

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin