rejetto forum

Template building for HFS

Wint69 · 13 · 8577

Offline Wint69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi all!  :)
I began create new .tpl and faced with the problem.
How .tpl must looks like to get basic functions such as: files and folders list (or items list).

Example: current .tpl

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html lang="en">
<head>

</head>
<body>

<div id="wrapper">
        <a href="#"><!-- Here must be file or folder (item) --></a>
    </div>

</body>
</html>

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
this default tpl without javascript from build 211 can probably help you   8)

Offline Colossus

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
there is a template builder program sumone started bak in 07. nothing has been touched since tho. would of been a pretty good little program, had it been worked on all these years!

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
@Colossus: Do you have a link to that template builder program? (or where to download it?)
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Colossus

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
There is a link in this thread my friend.. But alternatively if you like *Check Attachment*

I wish i had the time to teach myself more coding than HTML i got some Farken great ideas with this template builder, its a shame no one took it under the wing as a side project, along with Rejettos HFS i would donate a few dollars into HFS-TB (just not evenly matched) The template builder is really exciting for what it is, it has so much potential to be able to give so much more and i believe it would make the HFS software itself more of an exclusive :D Hopefully one day someone can get back onto completing TB - or hopefully i get some free time here and there to learn to code!

Hope your all staying well and safe!

@LeoNeeson enjoy bud - if you know how to code and can get into it somehow to continue - i wouldnt mind helping you test :)

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Thanks for the attachment (since there was no link to this program in this thread), but I've found the original link by myself:
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/html-templates/hfs-template-builder/msg1024915/#msg1024915

I'm currently using XP (and this HFS-TB program depends on .NET Framework to work, so I've got an 0xc0000135 error). Besides that, I barely have free time to do anything (only a few minutes to check email and make some replies on this forum).

By the way, I don't know if a 2006's utility will be useful with the current HFS version, as there have been changes along the time in the template. Did you tested it?...

Offline Colossus

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Your right, since there has been so much upgrade, some of the stuff is obsolete, but at least there is a basis there and something tthat can be worked on, was just an idea, and still very worth it.. Like you my friend, i wish i had the time to learn to program, so much could of happened with the TB

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
@ leo, even though xp is "insecure" as it can be hit easily by (heartblead https://blog.kaspersky.com/heartbleed-and-windows-xp/4453/ ), you can still download and use netfamework:

http://filehippo.com/download_dotnet_framework_3/

i recently had to rebuild and reinstall / upgrade an xp box for work myself for old tech not compatible to new software (driver etc..etc..)

good luck :)

Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
@bmartino1: Yes, I know XP is "insecure". Thank you for the link, but for testing a program which requires .NET installed, I prefer to directly test it on a Windows 7 machine, instead of installing .NET in XP (which I try to keep it clean and fast). Thanks anyway.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i cannot run it on this computer, sorry.
what is this T.B. doing more than a standard text editor?

Offline Colossus

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
@Rejetto it was just a standard editor but it was very much tweaked (made specifically) for HFS - It allowed you to write commands for every element (macro) for instant There was a TAB for the BODY of the site, there was a Tab for [UPLOAD] the list continued - It had all the fundamentals but none of the features were linked - Would of been a great little project to get at least minimum working, i could imagine it would of been a great little tool to use for those without scripting knowledge could get their hands very dirty and interact with HFS on a whole new level!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
to be honest, that part (the sections) is the easiest to deal with.
It would be much helpful to be aided on the commands, and it could be done with one of the customizable free text editors where you can define your own syntax.
I mean, creating a new "module" to instruct the editor about the syntax of the available commands.
It's not even a programmer's job, because a module is a text file, a descriptor, and in the end you get all the other powerful features of the editor.
I know for sure a couple of editors allowing this are PSPad (the one i use regularly) and Notepad++.
That's how i'd go, but i don't have the time to do it.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
editing template with notepad++ with sections style

go to http://poiru.github.io/rainlexer/

download RainLexer 1.1.22. executable and run it after closeed npp++ , after install, RainLexer launch  automatically NPP++

open Menu:  Notepad++ → Settings → Style Configuration. Then, scroll to the end of the language list to find Rainmeter.

as default ext. are defined: ini inc   , then add TPL as user ext.

next, save and close

open your tpl template and if necessary select rainmeter as language

now sections appear separately

you can alternate language between rainmeter and xml (or html) to see sections or html code
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:43:41 PM by Mars »