rejetto forum

Cannot access HFS externally

Offline RealEveryDay

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

I've used HFS for a number of years now with great success. However now I just cannot reach my HFS externally no matter what I do.

Router/Modem: ARRIS Group, Inc. TG1682G
HFS Version: 2.3m
ISP: Comcast/Xfinity
AV: Avast

I've added all of my devices to an IP reservation list in the router so that I have a static IP on my PC running HFS. Using port 4550 in HFS, I've forwarded this port in the router using the Xfinity MyxFi link for port forwarding & ensured that it is going to the static IP I've assigned to my PC. I've disabled all of the Avast shields & the Windows firewall, but the connection continues to time out. The Self Test reports that "The test is successful. The server should be working fine." but I cannot reach it on any of my devices.

A lot of the time HFS cannot find my external IP (I use this as a sort of connection test when I first launch the program). It's almost as if Xfinity is not allowing my public IP address to communicate with any device nor browser. I am able to view HFS in Firefox when using localhost:4550/, but not with my public IP.

Any ideas? I'm at my wits' end.

~R.E.D.

ETA: I should also say that I've even tried using the default settings via the Debugging mode just to see if there was some setting that I modified, but the results were the same.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 06:37:44 AM by RealEveryDay »

Offline RealEveryDay

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Okay, seems it is accessible externally, I just cannot view HFS using my public ip:port number locally. I've tested it by having a friend connect to it from his phone in another country. Seems I did configure everything correctly. I just used to be able to verify the accessibility of HFS by going to the IP:port myself. So for anyone who has this issue, at least have someone not on your network attempt to connect to it.

~R.E.D.