rejetto forum

"username not found"

Offline Chris Harris

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I installed HFS2.4 RC06 on a new computer. I thought I have set it up as my other servers, but I get a problem. I have added real folders and set username/passwords to each folder.

When I try to access a folder  I am asked for the username and password. I enter the details and gat the message "username not found". I tried RC07 with the same result!

What have I done wrong???

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
...When I try to access a folder...
I wonder if the login script of the Stripes template would do differently?  That was recently revised to go into the folder. 

P.S.
If that doesn't do it, next step after, would be reset hfs settings (menu > save options > clear options) and then save settings to file (menu > save options > to file), and then put the usernames back in.  EDIT: At HFS console, press F7 and add user accounts there first.
If you went back-and-forth between HFS2.3 and HFS2.4, then it is possible that the VFS has a glitch (to clear it, menu > clear file system). 

P.P.S.  One place to make a real folder is a bit hidden.  That is the root of VFS (house icon)--right click and bind to real folder (usually just a new empty folder on the hard drive).  I just mentioned that because it helps the speed if all folders are real folders. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 01:56:23 PM by danny »

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
I've tried with RC7, seems the "set user/pass" doesn't work as expected.
So the only correct way is: Expert mode, Menu, Other options, User accounts. Set your accounts here,
then bind a folder's "Access" permission to your accounts.
Don't forget to right click folder>Reset user/pass first!
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline Chris Harris

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I reset the file system and users etc and added the folders again and then set the user/password for each folder; no success.

I then reset the users on each folder and then went to "properties", "manage accounts" Added account ans then gave the privileges.  On the next folder I again went to "Properties" and added the exiting account to the folder.

Now all works; I needed to set up an account!!

Thanks for the guidance

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"user/password for each folder"  is an old protection technique implemented during the first versions of HFS, it is preferable to use as much as possible the use of accounts