rejetto forum

Host synonym

Offline timteka

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, guys,
How can i set one (several) synonyms for my host in HFS? i'd like to add several -A records in my domains to point to the server ip, but i don't know how to add aliases to my web-server so that HFS would respond on www.domain1.com, www.domain2.com, www.domain3.com, etc. ? (i don't mean different virtual hosts inside HFS, but just synonyms of the main address)

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
There s no problem having different domains pointing to the ip-address of your hfs-server.

What you ask for has nothing to do with hfs, you only need to register (payed or free) more domains. Dyndns free domains for example allow having different free domains, so with one update all is done. If you register your domains on different sites, perhaps you need to update each one, what will be no problem if you have a static ip. If you have dynamic ip, perhabs you need to have different updaters working.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS doesn't care about the domain, so you don't need to change anything in HFS.

Offline timteka

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ok, now i have several dns -A records pointing to my HFS host, e.g. www.domain1.com , www.domain2.com, etc...
but here's next problem.
when user opens www.domain1.com he gets www.domain1.com as site title, but another user, which opens www.domain2.com also gets www.domain1.com title. how can i change this behavior so that hfs could insert proper page title?

Offline timteka

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Oops! Got it. Just added the following line into the site template:
Code: [Select]
<title>%host%</title>
Thanx to this valuable post: http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=1939.0