rejetto forum

RSS Feeds

Guest · 9 · 4331

Blue_Bios

I was just curious if there was a way to integrate RSS feeds into HFS..? Maybe a javascript code i cant integrate into my HTML code or use the DIFF template feature? Any comments would be helpfull.

Thanks
Blue

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i think it is possible for sure with javascript
maybe even without

Blue_Bios

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
A similar thing has been done with playlists in the format used by WMP, which uses XML indeed.
It was done using the file filelist.tpl

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
just use the search....

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=3810.0
here is the post, but some of this issues, are not ok.......
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline exorcist

• Occasional poster
  • King of the Dust
    • View Profile
    • Dusted Wax Kingdom
Another hint for the RSS feeds :) Maybe some other peeps have/had my problem I decided today :)
Because I'm very old-fashioned (*giggling*), I create manually the xml RSS feed file for my site. I had a problem with displaying it in the browser. I added the xml file as a "text/xml" MIME type (but not as "application/rss+xml" i did before), setup HFS to open *.xml directly in the browser and everything runs perfect. An additional CSS settings customizes the look of the feed.

I'm a newbie and not very deep into RSS Feeds and any other hints will be heartily appreciated :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:27:38 PM by exorcist »
In dust we trust...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
to be honest, by reading your post, it's like everything is already ok, and don't understand what else you need

Offline exorcist

• Occasional poster
  • King of the Dust
    • View Profile
    • Dusted Wax Kingdom
@Rejetto
I thought about a subscription option... But yes, mate... Those who know how RSS feed works actually don't need it :)
Just wanted to share what I found out and how it helped me to solve my problem :) Hope this would be useful for the peeps :)

[offtopic]
Once again - huge thanks for the wonderful software, rejetto :) When I got a chance will make another donation, mate!!
[/offtopic]
In dust we trust...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if i got you correctly, you are suggesting to provide RSS automatically.
that's been requested, and partially solved.
indeed, it's possible with current template capabilities and proper configuration to get RSS for folders.
i can be eased, and it will, but there's something useful that won't be done by HFS itself: feeds for any change in the whole file system.
the problem is called "virtual folders".
consider adding your whole hard disk as (real) folder, and you get that tracking all changes is challenging.
anyway, it COULD even be done. it's just the technology needed will be present only in HFS 3, but god knows when it'll see the light. it requires twisting the hell out.
anyway, forging the rss yourself is harder but i guess you enjoy the power. :)

[ot]i enjoyed your music, listened the album several times, and no, it's not too dark for me. ;)[/ot]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:21:12 PM by rejetto »