Idea? Drag and Drop Upload

some1 · 6 · 3499

Offline SamePaul

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline JamiDodger

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
If You Ever Make The Template Please Share   :)
I'm Crazy Inside :D

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Does it allow a file queue? rejetto might be interested. Most use flash to add the files and upload, but it creates a new connection and HFS can't handle that with upload permissions.

Google tried this, but its not there anymore from what I can tell. I don't see the point until all browsers can use it anyway.

Offline SamePaul

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Writing template is not real problem here. I did it by mainly copy-paste example code to default template. However it needs some tuning.
The main problem is to encode file contents to application/x-www-form-urlencoded mime type. Actually I remeber had somewhere example of doing that specifically for XHR.
I maybe would even bother with it a bit more but I realized soon that whole approach is based on reading whole file into RAM and then just submit it via XHR. And I say it sucks. No. it SUCKS. Just imagine you want to upload 2-hours 320kbps mp3 DJ set to your home HFS. Woohoo!
In the current implementation it's just a waste. Maybe guys at MDC will think a little bit more and add some conversion or encoding engine that can be plugged in between FileReader and XHR and do all necessary tasks without need to load whole data into RAM
And then we can talk about any usability.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:18:21 PM by SamePaul »

Offline some1

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
If You Ever Make The Template Please Share   :)
Ill have a play about and see what I can do! :)