rejetto forum

Folder Archive

Offline colbycurtis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am new to HFS but I really love the option to let the user click on "Folder Archive" so they can download an entire folder in .tar format. So here is my questions. One is there a way to change it to zip instead of tar? And second and more important I have been importing allot of the templates you guys have made and while I like allot of them I did not see the "Folder Archive option in any of them. Is there a way to add it to a new template or is there some templates out there that have this feature like the HFS default template?

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I suppose that many templates support download as archive.
But to make available and visible this option, you must right-click on the folders in your filesystem of your hfs and mark the option 'Archivable'!
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I saw in your post in the other thread but here is more appropriate.

Folder Archives are still a new feature only being introduced last year. The "Thunder Chicken of Glory", "Rawr Template" and "Terayon" I am sure all support folder archives but the other templates are too old.

Offline colbycurtis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
So shouldn't I be able to just copy the code from the default template for "Folder Archive" and paste it into whatever other template I want to import? If so What lines exactly do I have to copy and paste? And where do I paste it into another template?
P.S. Is there away to open a template or the default code in Front Page? I know thats probably sacralige to say but hey I suck at html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:47:28 PM by colbycurtis »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
nope :(
you can only use a text editor.

basically you only need to include a link to ~folder.tar?recursive.

eg
Code: [Select]
<a href="%folder%~folder.tar?recursive">Download Folder Archive</a>

Offline colbycurtis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline Tuskenraider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
can it say folder.zip instead of tar?

nope...  zip is compressed  .tar is not..  hfs can not currently compress files.

tusken
pfffssshhh i dont need a signature...