rejetto forum

Request - Send Timed Download Invitation

Guest · 3 · 1108

Dan

Hello,
First of all, great project. I had an idea about using it the other day that I would really like to see. I frequently want to give access to different files to different people. However, I dont want them to have persistent access to my site and always end up having to create an account with access to the particular file or folder I want them to be able to download. After they're done I have to remember to disable it. When its needed again, I have to enable it, point the profile to the correct path and then hand out the user name and PW all over again.

What would be cool is if the program could generate a link to a particular folder and create an "invite" URL to send to somebody. The link would have the server address, point to the particular file or directory (and allow access to only that file or directory) and contain some sort of obfuscated user name and password. As long as the link was properly formed, the persons browser would launch, the program would intercept the user name and password, and the end user would be prompted where to save the file. (just like a normal browser download). After either x days or x uses,the user account gets disabled and access is once again restricted.

That would be really cool to me :)

Thanks either way for the program, it's awesome ;D
Dan

Azul

Several timed options would be nice too .. like timed bans (for prevent hammering, leeching..)