rejetto forum

ToG help, search, thumbnails, playlists etc...

Offline screwyluie

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok so I updated to the beta just to use this template, I love it, great work! I had no problems creating and editing templates on the old version, but looking at this code I'm a bit lost, I'm guessing there's been a bit of an overhaul in code, and I'm looking for a little help.

first I noticed the search wasn't working, but with more trial and error I see it won't recursively search directories that are login protected even if you're logged in unless you do an advanced search from within the PW protected directory, which is fine.

my question here is how can I change the simple search (and the default advanced search options to reflect) to search from current directory by default? I tried searching and all I came up with was this cryptic post http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6029.0 perhaps the answer is there but I don't understand it.

second, I have very few images on my server and I would like thumbnails without thumbnail files, using the height and width commands in html (or something like that) I like the idea of your popup window for the preview, so how can I modify the code to show a thumbnail without a thumbnail file?

and that leads me to my third question, would it be possible to have the mp3 popup streaming window display the album art from the same folder(all having the same file name)?

and it just occurred to me that the streaming player doesn't play m3u (or other) playlist files, is this possible?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
For the Advanced Search, I think you have to change the html in the javascript 'checked=1' value. Move it to the option you require, it should now be the default.

I don't really understand the second request, the idea for a preview and a thumbnail is to show a preview and a thumbnail...

Album art crossed my mind last night, for the new player, however to do it would require the album art to be named exactly the same for every folder. To even remotely be able to do it.

Also, no m3u is not supported the playlist for the player is generated by the html and javascript. We might be able to add m3u into the AS3 version of the player, but not now.

Offline screwyluie

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thanks for the help, I think I can get the search thing squared away.

the second request is for a thumbnail preview without a separate file. right now, as I understand it, you need to use the thumbnail generator to create thumbnail files for the preview to work. I would rather use just the source file and have the html resize it to thumbnail size.

as far as album art, I think if it's named the same, it should be easy to implement, just not sure where in the code it needs to go, should it go in the java script file or in the tpl file? I'm gonna fiddle around with it some more.

what about using the directory to generate the playlist? like play all, where it would play all the mp3 files in the current directory? would it be possible to use the file list command and parse it into a playlist for the player?

thanks again

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The RAWR-Template does play as playlists, the ToG does not. This is because the ToG runs no JavaScript on page load, the RAWR-Template does.

There is defined differences between the templates. Playlist is already working in the RAWR-Template with List Play and Shuffle.

And as for your preview and thumbnail thing, remember that loading the full image as a thumbnail will slow your page load times and tax your server. The idea of using separate thumbnail and previews is to reduce the load on the server.

Offline screwyluie

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I never looked at RAWR before, just put it in and I'm giving it a test run.

I don't like the look as much as ToG but it's not bad. the page loads are also noticeably slower.
I'm going to have to find the option to change to default play "List" instead of single play but other then that I think this will work well

you guys have done a wonderful job here, I thank you so much, with this my time at work will now be filled with my music from home.

as for the preview, I understand the load issues, but I'm the only one using it and it's really not that bad. that's ok, not important. the playlist was the most important thing, allowing me to easily listen to my music remotely

thanks again