rejetto forum

Events

parade · 5 · 2920

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

I tried several times in the past to use event-scripts but I never had any luck. Simple examples to enter in the hfs.events did not work with my HFS-installation.

Now installed HFS on another PC to experiment with some templates and template changes and I tried hfs-events again.
Event-sripts work here without any problem.

What could be the difference in both installations that make either hfs.events work or not?

Beta: 2.3 Build 250

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
What could be the difference in both installations that make either hfs.events work or not?

Maybe macros aren't enabled in one of them.  Check :  menu -> HTML template.
maverick

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Maybe macros aren't enabled in one of them.  Check :  menu -> HTML template.
Macros are enabled.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

Does the file 'hfs.events' show up in the root of your hfs folder on your drive?  It should.  If so, open with an editor like notepad, or use Alt+F6 from the HFS gui, to see if you can spot the reason why it isn't being read.  Still no idea - delete the hfs.events file from the pc it isn't working in and let HFS re-create it with Alt+F6.  You are using the latest and same build of HFS on both pc's aren't you?
maverick

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Does the file 'hfs.events' show up in the root of your hfs folder on your drive?  It should.  If so, open with an editor like notepad, or use Alt+F6 from the HFS gui, to see if you can spot the reason why it isn't being read. 
I still could not spot any reason, so I did this:

Still no idea - delete the hfs.events file from the pc it isn't working in and let HFS re-create it with Alt+F6.

Thank you maverick. That was the solution.