rejetto forum

problem when enabled two adapters

Offline gogi1000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i have the hfs v2.3i build 2297 with ssl. my hfs is in the dmz zone. on server windows server 2008 that is virtual machine  i have two network adapters. the one network adapter for external access i use for my hfs and the second adapter i use for access of users from local lan. when the both adapters started, external users cannot access to the hfs, but when i disable second adapter then external users can access to the hfs. the problem is with the hfs, how i resolve

Offline gogi1000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 i used next command netstat -aon | more on server where is the hfs. i received next situation like attached picture. when is the second network adapter disabled the traffic works ok an i see connections, but when is the scond adapter enabled the connection does not exist. ip addresses on server are 172.16.20.203 and 172.16.20.205.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
DMZ doesn't magically open ports for 2 network adapters, only one. DMZ should pass (open) all traffic for only ONE IP address (let say 172.16.20.203), and that should be configured on your router (check there what IP you assigned as DMZ). Then I assume 172.16.20.205 is the IP from your second adapter. HFS perhaps is 'switching' to your second adapter (and that's why it fails on being reachable from the outside). You need to choose (select) in HFS the IP assigned as DMZ (in your case, I guess is 172.16.20.203). If that fails, then your last option is making a 'bridge' between your 2 network adapters on Windows. You can follow THIS steps to make the bridge, but I can't guarantee it will work (you have to test it). Versions of "HFS SSL by SilentPliz" were based on the development of HFS 2.3x (which was discontinued), that's why if some bug arises, we all depend on the community collaboration to make fixes. That said, try making a 'bridge' between your 2 network adapters and please comment here if it worked or not. :)
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline gogi1000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 On my firewall ip 172.16.20.203 is nated on public ip with open port 443. In the hfs i choosed assign ip 172.16.20.203, but nothing. Then I did something and the default gateway appeared in the gui of both network adapters.  By default, it is impossible to set two default gateways in the GUI, but it works for me.  hfs is now working