rejetto forum

version 2.4

rejetto · 474 · 309928

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't understand what you mean by "validation data", and how people can benefit from removing the "speed limit" option.

Please consider my english is not good as yours.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:46:05 AM by rejetto »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a preview of the next "no jquery" default tpl.
The final goal is to let other tpl easily use the new login system, but I still have to finalize that.

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't understand what you mean by "validation data", and how people can benefit from removing the "speed limit" option.
The 2 speed limit and 2 connections limit cause extra work for the server and sometimes cause faults.   
So, the expectation that these settings would help, is too-different from their actual functionality (more stuck/dos).

Alternative instead of removing:  Could do just one sort of limit (if speed limit then no other limit, if connections limit then no other limit). 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:17:11 PM by danny »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't see how the speed limit can cause faults. Can you tell?
The extra work is good work for those who need the feature.

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Just 2 things:  archive is unlimited and the per-file menu has some undefined
For archive limit, I suggest, no archive at root, no archive if current folder is already 4gb, no archive if more than 1 download, no archive if more than 0 upload.  That isn't enough, but it is better.  Could add a 'manual' validation with the pop-up message stating that it could take a while to get a .tar file (most users will click 'cancel' at that point because they don't want .tar file anyway). 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:14:11 AM by danny »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Just 2 things:  archive is unlimited and the per-file menu has some undefined

wow, what a bad quality pre-release :D i'm always on a rush because of job :( trying again with this new attachment

For archive limit, I suggest, no archive at root, no archive if current folder is already 4gb, no archive if more than 1 download, no archive if more than 0 upload.  That isn't enough, but it is better. 

i find these rules only apparently related to the problem

Could add a 'manual' validation with the pop-up message stating that it could take a while to get a .tar file (most users will click 'cancel' at that point because they don't want .tar file anyway). 

you may be right, let's try
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:31:58 PM by rejetto »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Archive message is good, but 'Cancel' button is missing.  So, the appearance is:  only choice is click ok? 
Also probably don't need archive at root (a curious person like me, might click it just to see what happens).
Idea!
I think that you could relocate the archive button to the "Selection" sub-menu (archive can be next to the move button); so, then we can archive only what is selected.  That would be helpful. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:45:28 PM by danny »

Offline Richard_F

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Have downloaded and will test here in a bit with Android pixel 2 phone amoung other testing device.

did it work on the pixel??

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
did it work on the pixel??
There are 4 templates that work for HFS2.4 (default, takeback, throwback, mobil-light), and they all work for android phone/tablet/mobile. 
The HFS2.4 new login is actually better for mobile compatibility; and, that's why the form-based login and other new work started.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
This is good news! :D (congrats). I've quickly tested and seems to work fine...
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Archive-only-selected will get the job done. 
Instead of a default to archive whole server (error), just move the button (gone from top, move to selection sub-menu),
replacing archive-all, with selection-only archive instead, is enough to mainline HFS2.4.

I did not discover any other error.  But, I did discover that RC7 runs faster.  Kudos!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:19:57 AM by danny »

Offline duk6046

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Freezes when browsing if there are many files in the Real folder (about 250 files and folders). v2.3 is fine.
in more detail, the thinking state continues almost infinitely and freezing or lagging.

And this is a problem from previous version,
if upload speed is more than about 30MB/s and there are many connections (about 10), often server is dead without error message.
but the menu interface works normally. and minimizing instead of tray icon is a little less. my ram is 16GB and internet line is 500Mbps.
in Korea, 200~500Mbps is common.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:44:26 AM by duk6046 »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Freezes when browsing if there are many files in the Real folder (about 250 files and folders). v2.3 is fine. in more detail, the thinking state continues almost infinitely and freezing or lagging.
To fix, just make a new VFS, and also clean/default the settings.
And this is a problem from previous version, if upload speed is more than about 30MB/s and there are many connections (about 10), often server is dead without error message.
but the menu interface works normally. and minimizing instead of tray icon is a little less. my ram is 16GB and internet line is 500Mbps. in Korea, 200~500Mbps is common.
For HFS, you can use a 2nd network interface, such as PCI or USB to ethernet set to 100 megabits, fix address, use just for HFS. Or use netlimiter software.  Also, to automatically get unstuck, use the WatchCat script--it has fair documentation so you can adjust the activities and timeframes to suit. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 03:45:44 AM by danny »

Offline duk6046

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
To fix, just make a new VFS and or clean/default the settings.

I can't solved it and i missed one thing, if i add other files under the real folder, problems occur. also v2.3 is fine.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:54:24 PM by duk6046 »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I can't solved it and i missed one thing, if i add other files under the real folder, problems occur. also v2.3 is fine.
To see if the difference was template, can you try HFS 2.4 RC7 + Throwback template?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 01:12:05 PM by danny »