rejetto forum

Find and Replace for the template editor.

TSG · 23 · 11156

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the button-idea was not because of being lazy - it's not even important.

I only thought programing a button who calls function load and apply, is easier to implement and more effective than having hfs the whole time monitoring if there was a change in the template. Or is it supposed that we edit templates every day several times?  ;)
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Or is it supposed that we edit templates every day several times?  ;)

then where do you need the button for..

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
...having hfs the whole time monitoring if there was a change in the template. Or is it supposed that we edit templates every day several times?  ;)

HFS wont monitor changes with this current idea, but rather READ the external .tpl file. So any changes are instant. It will allow for more dynamic usage and editing of the .tpl file.

I really like this idea of reading an external file instead of reading the internal template. The current template editor could just read and show the current selected .tpl file. This method screeams advantages, it could even fix the character limit bug on older machines/OS's. Comrade Elisey had a bug where he couldn't import the entire template, if it was over a certain size. But other external programs had no problem like this. So he could now use external programs to edit these template files.

Also we can make template installers for our templates, which will be really cool for novice users.

And yes, some days i edit the template quite a lot, template creation is quite a painstaking process sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:33:59 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
...having hfs the whole time monitoring if there was a change in the template. Or is it supposed that we edit templates every day several times?  ;)

HFS wont monitor changes with this current idea, but rather READ the external .tpl file. So any changes are instant. It will allow for more dynamic usage and editing of the .tpl file.

It would be just like the files.lst file ;)

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes but you wont have to drag it to the root of HFS :P It will be a default thing for HFS to read the external template, it already is, you have to muck around with importing and saving etc. And an edit to this file wont be recognised till HFS is restarted i think.

I also think it would be nicer if we didn't have to drag the filelist.tpl to the root, make it work the same way...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:56:08 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I also think it would be nicer if we didn't have to drag the filelist.tpl to the root, make it work the same way...

All you have to do is put it in the same folder as hfs.exe

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
using an external editor is a great idea
spending time programming an editor is a waste of time
that's the way it will go