rejetto forum

new symbols [user1][user2].. -> %user1% ...

bacter · 8 · 2948

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I think it would be interesting to have HFS recognize on all pages it creates tree or four nes symbols [userN] to include with %userN%. This would make a lot more easier personalizing the templates, for example to put a header on all(or some) pages, or a sidebar, or a footer etc. I propose to add this on the todo-list.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
I propose to add this on the todo-list.

I guess this is what you want? ^^

Quote from: To-Do-list
[NEW] per user diff-tpl (apply both folder and user diff-tpl.s, and let the user decide priority, default:user,folder)

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I wouldve posted this in the HFS forum.

Quote from: To-Do-list
[NEW] per user diff-tpl (apply both folder and user diff-tpl.s, and let the user decide priority, default:user,folder)

If what Giant Eagle said is what you want, I think that it is a good idea but I think that there is probably some more important features/issues to deal with at present.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I'm working on a template that uses the same header,footer, leftbar on all displayed pages.
The corresponding sections are named in the template USRBLKn  and markes as (m/4) in every section. As this is the same code, I think it would be of interest  the posibility to define sections [USRBLKn] in order to use %USRBLKn% where needed.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:57:47 PM by bacter »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i tried to, but i have no time to understand all your template. see if this helps you:
if you write %sym-blablabla% and it will expand with the content of [sym-blablabla]
it may be useful when you have the same text several times in a template, and want to create a shorcut.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Many thanks rejetto for your software.
The [Sym-....] - function is exactly what y meaned with [user..] , so no need to change anything. It works fine with [sys-header],[sys-footer] .. etc. I didn't see the existence of that function in the manual and I had tried before with [header] etc. without sym-, thats because 'I was reinventing the wheel'.

Many thanks

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I didn't see the existence of that function in the manual
Yeah, when I get around to it im gonna try and update the wiki. Eventually