rejetto forum

Download forbidden directory, possible bug in 2.2f and 238beta.

Offline knackered_one

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I have added a directory and flagged it as upload allowed, download forbidden and granted access to one user. Files are correctly allowed to be uploaded and these should not be allowed to be downloaded. When logged in as the allowed user and using a linux konqueror browser, download is correctly fobidden both by clicking on the filename and by "save link as..", but a mozilla firefox browser [well icedove actually] allows the file to be downloaded by "save link as.." every time.

It's all in a test system and of course I could have done something silly but I don't think I have.

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

I confirm. It's the same thing with FF on Windows.
I did the test with the beta 238.

IE is ok.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Did the same test with 1 folder, for 1 user, +upload, -download. using HFS Build 238 , browser FF 3.0.10 and opera  9.64.

Clicking on the filename i get an 'access not authorized error' in both browsers -> no download. No matter what type of file, even .htm files do not display. This works as supposed it should do.

Using the 'save link as' option of both browsers seems to do a download, but what happend is that a file with de downloaded name and extension is created, but their content is only a small chunk of html (part of the header of my template), nothing to do with the supposed content of the file.

IE (8.0) shows a error messege in the later case.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:57:48 PM by bacter »
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Exact ... I had not considered the final file.
Sorry for inconvenience.  :-[

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
As stated above, this is a bogus bug. :)
[not a bug! for those who don't understand the word "bogus"]

The browser SHOULD display an error, since when you ask to save the file, the server doesn't reply with OK, but with DENIED (that is 403).
I don't know why Firefox ignores this fact. I think it's a usability problem, if not a true bug.
In my opinion someone should report this problem to firefox team, as a bug report.

In the past someone else already reported this, and i was worried as i was today. :D
I always forget about it.
Thank you anyway for reporting.

Offline knackered_one

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ok ... sorry I woke everyone up .. I should have checked.

Thanks for everyones prompt replies.