rejetto forum

only download files

Offline Simandron

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi!

It is possible to archive only files (hfs-template)? The archive-function for folders should invisible or not work.
My filestructure is deep branched. So i want that the user only can download files (archived) in the folder but not the whole folder.

thanks

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline Simandron

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello SilentPliz,

i'm not the profi. Can you help me? How can i describe (global) that no folder is possible to archive-download, but the files.
In the new template i'm not able to select single files to combine it to an archive. How does it work? There is no checkbox.

Thank you

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Make a click beside the name of choosed files (it displays the files highlighted) ... Then you click on the button "Archive".

When a folder is archivable, it is not possible to prohibit the complete archive of the folder.

You can disable "Archive" option on your folders ... users will download files individually. :-\
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:19:07 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline Simandron

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
> Make a click beside the name of choosed files (it displays the files highlighted) ... Then you click on the button "Archive".
I understood. But,it dont work good. To download the files individuelly in the folder you must allow the whole folder to archive. now i go a level higher in the filestructure.
There are for example ten folders visible (all folder must set archivable to download the files in the folder individuelly). The problem is now, that all ten folders are
individuelly archivable. This should not be. It should be impossible to archivable download the folders. At the best all the folders can not be highligthed, except files.

Thank you

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
all folder must set archivable to download the files in the folder individuelly

No.

1 . Uncheck archivable flag for your folder

Now the files in this folder can be downloaded individuelly (one by one) clicking on the file name.
Simply, it's no more possible to create an archive (.tar) for entire folder or for some files on it.

-------------------

If you have several subfolders, and you want to give different permissions for each, you must put them in the virtual file system as real folders.

e.g. you have 1 folder with 5 subfolders

myfolder
    subfolder1
    subfolder2
    subfolder3
    subfolder4
    subfolder5

1 - add myfolder in the VFS as real folder (archive flag must be unchecked)
2 - drag all subfolders from your Windows explorer on myfolder in the VFS (choose real folder)

Now, you can give different flags for each subfolders in the VFS:

e.g:

/
myfolder
    subfolder1
    subfolder2 (archivable)
    subfolder3
    subfolder4 (archivable)
    subfolder5

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:07:11 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Maybe i should add an option for what's the deepest level folders should be archivable.

Like, if you enter 2, then only folder with a single level sub-folders will be archivable.
If you try to archive A, that has folder B in it, that has folder C in it, then it will give an error.
It seems to me that it would be good for a lot of people. Opinions?

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Maybe i should add an option for what's the deepest level folders should be archivable.

Like, if you enter 2, then only folder with a single level sub-folders will be archivable.
If you try to archive A, that has folder B in it, that has folder C in it, then it will give an error.
It seems to me that it would be good for a lot of people. Opinions?

This can be an attractive option.
This will give more flexibility to the archive function.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I remember to have doing something as it in the french version with the url var "recursive=n" (whith n is the sublevel)

ask SP about to have more information ;)