rejetto forum

Where are Hits stored ?

vbn · 12 · 5241

Offline vbn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone !

I am wondering where are the Hits count being stores for all the files by HFS ? I am in need of a Top 50/100 Downloads across multiple subfolders.

I have just started using HFS few days back on my EU server. Refer - http://www.vbnfiles.com/
Usage Refer - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654870

I host Windows Mobile ROMs cooked by Chefs at xda-developers and they really crave to see the top 50 or 100 downloads.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers !

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
I am wondering where are the Hits count being stores for all the files by HFS ?

Hits are stored in the hfs.ini file.
maverick

Offline vbn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am running the latest beta... cant find hfs.ini in the folder from where hfs is running ?  ???

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
I am running the latest beta... cant find hfs.ini in the folder from where hfs is running ?  ???

Don't save options in the registry.
Save options in a file.

Menu > Save options > To file...

Offline vbn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well I tried that and got the ini file also but it does not have any Hits values.....I need to know from where does HFS read the Hits values when showing on webpage...I need to read these values directly from my software ...no thru HFS

Thanks

Offline KooolaNL

• Occasional poster
  • EY
    • View Profile
    • wat
weird template u are using

on the default template i can see my hits fine

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Well I tried that and got the ini file also but it does not have any Hits values.....I need to know from where does HFS read the Hits values when showing on webpage...I need to read these values directly from my software ...no thru HFS

I just had a look at your site.  The only place 'hits' aren't shown are for folders.  For file hits 'are' shown.  If you load the default template you will see the hits for both files and folders.  When you tried to modify the default template to look like it looks like now you made a mistake somewhere which affected folder hits.  You also don't need comments for folders.

Look through your template at about lines 540-541.  You should see the following:

[+folder]
<td class='nosize'>folder<td>%item-modified%<td>%item-dl-count%

If you don't see those lines exactly as shown above, add them. 

I don't know what you mean when you say "I need to read these values directly from my software ...no thru HFS" ???  What is your software ???  If you are running a server like HFS where do you think those values would come from other than the server. :)
maverick

Offline vbn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
@KooolaNL : Its a modified template from the default one. Dont have problems 'seing' the hits.

@maverick : The folder hits not showing are by design. I removed them from template...not required for me. As far reading from other software, what I mean is where is the value being stored by HFS itself. For example, File1 - Hits 100 ... now where is HFS storing this value ... in a file / in registry / etc .... I have my own Windows automation software and need to read this value directly from the actual point of storage. Hope I make some sense now :)

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
As far as I know all of that information is stored in hfs.ini.  If you notice a part of that ini is encrypted and that's where that info you are looking for might be hiding.  If that is the case you probably won't have access to it.  From time to time rejetto drops by and will respond if he has new information share.
maverick

Offline vbn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yeah...quite possible...thanks for helping out though...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
the hits are stored in the VFS file
ahh... that makes sense.  The 'hits-total' in the hfs.ini must be just the global hits with individual file hits stored in the vfs.
maverick