rejetto forum

Recent Posts

Programmers corner / Re: Discuss about the Virtual File System technique?
« Last post by danny on Today at 04:47:40 PM »
It looks like an expansion of the typical feature of web and ftp servers--the ability to set webroot to a real folder (folder is C:\web (example) but link is /).  The values are stored in web server's data file.  HFS has this, except more capacity to store more links. 
&RQ / Re: whatsnew.txt
« Last post by paulkapil08 on Today at 11:56:29 AM »
it would be more work for me, and i don't see any gain other than possible inconsistency between docs
Bug reports / Re: Unable to archive/download all
« Last post by NaitLee on Yesterday at 02:44:53 PM »
In an operating system, when a file is opened and changing, other programs cannot see changes, or cannot even access it.
I've successfully reproduced this, with 10 files, only 4 in archive, and their contents are all \x00.
Maybe it's the file just got "immutable" when writing. (I'm not a low-level os expert)

So the solution is, keep the files closed when trying to access (archive) them.
You can try to close your file-writing applications, locally or remotely.
With HFS, you can do with macros. Be sure to keep secure.

P.S. What I've tried is following python code:
Code: [Select]
files = []
for i in range(10):
    files.append(open(str(i) + '.txt', 'w', encoding='utf-8'))
while True:
    for i in files:
        i.seek(0)
        i.write('1')
It infinitely writes the file on the first byte (char) until Ctrl+C.
Programmers corner / Discuss about the Virtual File System technique?
« Last post by NaitLee on Yesterday at 02:03:53 PM »
I'm just trying to implement a virtual file system (vfs) thing in Python, but cannot figure out the technique to do.
HFS source code is a bit long and I failed to discover the actual way.

Please, help me imagine a method to complete it :)
Any spoken thing is fine :D
Bug reports / Unable to archive/download all
« Last post by Kiego on Yesterday at 08:51:58 AM »
Hi,

I am using the HFS version 2.3m build#300. I have a folder with many text files which are constantly have data appending to the files by other application. When I try to select multiple of these files and press archive from my Chrome browser. Not all the files selected are archived in my .tar file. I had tried other browser and the result is the same. Is there anyway I am able to have all the files selection to be archived in my .tar file?
Everything else / Re: Travelling
« Last post by HFS95 on May 12, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »
Hi,

oh yes I feel for you. :'( I would love to travel back in time, like in the series Travelers.  Just skip that time and carry on as normal.
I want to cry.

PS: If you haven't seen the series, watch it :https://latenightstreaming.com/de-de/serie/travelers-die-reisenden

Regards
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: "username not found"
« Last post by Mars on May 11, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
"user/password for each folder"  is an old protection technique implemented during the first versions of HFS, it is preferable to use as much as possible the use of accounts
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: problem with config ini file
« Last post by danny on May 11, 2021, 01:39:18 PM »
Try this method:  http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=13448.msg1066927#msg1066927
 At HFS console, press F7, and add user accounts there first.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / problem with config ini file
« Last post by gogi1000 on May 11, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
i have the hfs 2.3m version. i have a problem. when i create user accounts, those accounts are not written in config ini file but i set that writing go  in the config ini file. when i restart the hfs those accounts do not exists. what i do?
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: "username not found"
« Last post by Chris Harris on May 11, 2021, 06:20:24 AM »
I reset the file system and users etc and added the folders again and then set the user/password for each folder; no success.

I then reset the users on each folder and then went to "properties", "manage accounts" Added account ans then gave the privileges.  On the next folder I again went to "Properties" and added the exiting account to the folder.

Now all works; I needed to set up an account!!

Thanks for the guidance