rejetto forum

having to re-login using .htm files

Offline Tuskenraider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
my hfs is hosting a "mixed" web.  It is based in frames, aguyincookeville.com main page is a frames page and when you click a link it takes you to /storage /homework /uploads or /random  the /storage and the /homework and parts of /random are password protected.  Lets say i click the link for /storage and enter my username and password it logs me in and i browse just fine.  But if i click /homework (which by the way has the same permission level as /storage) hfs doesnt recognize that im logged in as my user account and it makes me log in again.  The same happens when i go to  /random the "admin level" stuff isnt displayed instead i get the login icon.   
The folders that i login to keep me logged in... i can go back and forth after i have logged in.. so its not losing the login..

idk.. its not really a problem i was just wondering if someone else has had these issues and if they had a nifty click here solution...
thanks for pondering.

p.s tested in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
p.s.s im also using hfs 2.2a build 136

tuskenraider 
pfffssshhh i dont need a signature...

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I also start with a main page, and this page will link to /root/ (with user/password) /list1/ , /list2/ (user/password) and /home/ (public access).
My main-page is a web-page without any filelist, but where you can logon. After I link directly to  root or list1, list2 ...
I did it as follows: Take a stdtemplate, eliminate things like upload an filelist, put your page in the main section of the template and you can use the login-link an have also access to the hfs values like ip, username, users connected and so on.
Then put in root, list1,list2,home (in your case it may be homework,uploads,random ans storage) a diff template.
 So you are logged in in the mainpage, and you don't have to login any more. (naturally, no user can access the '/' (vfs-root), because the template is your webpage.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
When you are logged, you have a free access to the resources for which you have rights.

Concerning the folders to which it is asked to you to become identified again, your browser passes on to the server the new identification but the former is lost, of this fact the server considers you as a new user with new rights compared to the shared resources.

Your browser cannot send to the server that an identification at the same moment, and it is preserved)in hiding place as long as the Web session is active, if you close your browser, the login and the current password are definitively lost.

You can nevertheless activate the option " List protected items only for allowed users " in the menu " Virtual takes off system ", who shows only the resources for which you are identified.

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
I had this when i was testing alternate login pages other than http based authentication.. fixed it pretty easy but i cant remember how, if i track it down ill post again
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
consider this: currently who decides to remember passwords and when to supply them, is the browser,
and this won't change for a long time