rejetto forum

HFS Makes Windows Freeze

Offline MikeBiasin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi all. I love using HFS as a server for my homepage. (http://w1mwb.no-ip.org) however several times it has caused my computer to freeze. Just to be sure, I ran my computer for a few days without the server on and it didn't freeze for a long time. I'm running WinXP. I just updated to the newest version of HFS so hopefully that fixed the problem but in the meantime, has anyone else had this problem? I use my computer for a local amateur radio link (EchoLink) so my system needs to be dependable. Any comments on this would be helpful. Feel free to check out the site. It is just a simple homepage and I don't think it gets a lot of traffic.

Thanks and God bless all.

MIke Biasin from Wells Maine

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome mike.
your url is not working for me right now.
anyway
1. are you running HFS normally or as a Service? (services in windows are those you see by running "services.msc")
2. did you have problem with version 2.2 or 2.3 ?

Offline MikeBiasin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The URL isn't working because I've taken the server offline. I have to leave for the day today and these lockups can cause my radio to transmit continually which isn't good for the powersupply. I'm running HFS minimized in the background. I don't know if that's what you mean by a "service". I don't think the newest version locks up as much. I'll be home all day tomorrow so I will try running it again if you want to check out the site.
Thanks and God bless.
Mike

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no, you are not running hfs as "windows service".
i asked because you posted in this topic where running as service is discussed. we're OT, i will now move your posts to a better place.
i didn't understand your hints about the newest version. would you make any test on your problem about 2.2 versus 2.3, let me know the results!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:01:19 AM by rejetto »