rejetto forum

~login

Offline Notething

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • GFF Home
I'm unsure about this certain command, using it, can you add like "~login.username=notethhing....."? Or is it just another way to make it work?
I GOT IT!!!

Offline Notething

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • GFF Home
I've tried that, exactly as typed, and it won't work. I mean I switched the stuff to be mine, of course, but nothing happened. Does it need to be on the default port for that to work?
I GOT IT!!!

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
as far as i know it should work on any port, but the browser you are using may not support it

Offline Notething

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • GFF Home
Internet Explorer.

The error I'm getting is that "Windows cannot find 'http://user:password@gffservers.serveftp.com:5000/'. Check the spelling and try again."
I GOT IT!!!

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
It works in Firefox, but it wont work in Internet Explorer... something about 'invalid syntax error'..

Maybe an error in how HFS replies to IE...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No, it's because IE (since version 6) has it disabled by default.
You can enable it by using the attachment.

Offline Notething

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • GFF Home
I downloaded and installed the attachment, and it didn't work. It just kept redirecting me to my search provider trying to find the username as a website. Luckily it's not one.
I also tried it in Firefox, and it actually went to my File Server but it never showed me as logged in and each time I would click a link it would ask if I was sure that I wanted to visit this website logged in as 'username' because it might be a trick. So, now what?

Oh. I just looked at my computer and there was an error from HFS.

Code: [Select]
Access violation at address 0053CB84 in module 'hfs.exe'. Read of address 00000030
HFS 2.3 beta (200)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 9/2/2008 4:49:43 AM
[0053CB84]{hfs.exe     } main.TmainFrm.add2log (Line 4712, "main.pas" + 28) + $3D
[0054AE2F]{hfs.exe     } main.TmainFrm.autoCheckUpdates (Line 7507, "main.pas" + 17) + $11
[0054B1D3]{hfs.exe     } main.everyMinute (Line 7559, "main.pas" + 2) + $6
[0054BB3B]{hfs.exe     } main.TmainFrm.timerEvent (Line 7746, "main.pas" + 17) + $F
[00450553]{hfs.exe     } ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer (Line 2250, "ExtCtrls.pas" + 1) + $13
[004503BF]{hfs.exe     } ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc (Line 2208, "ExtCtrls.pas" + 4) + $7
[0042ABB0]{hfs.exe     } Classes.StdWndProc (Line 11572, "classes.pas" + 8) + $0
[0046E7EA]{hfs.exe     } Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage (Line 7670, "Forms.pas" + 23) + $4
[0046E82F]{hfs.exe     } Forms.TApplication.HandleMessage (Line 7689, "Forms.pas" + 1) + $6
[0046EACA]{hfs.exe     } Forms.TApplication.Run (Line 7773, "Forms.pas" + 16) + $3
[0056288F]{hfs.exe     } hfs.hfs (Line 94, "" + 21) + $2
System   : Windows 2000 Professional, Version: 5.0, Build: 893, "Service Pack 4"
Processor: Intel, Pentium III, 600 MHz MMX
Display  : 1280x1024 pixels, 32 bpp
Product Versions

hfs.exe: Build: 0 9/1/2008 8:50:02 PM

I don't know if this has something to do with me trying to login using the url instead of the normal login command, but it wasn't there last night when I got off it.

Oh durr. I fixed the Firefox one, but the Explorer thing still won't work right.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:39:50 PM by Notething »
I GOT IT!!!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just tried now, and it works for me.

the error you got has nothing to do with your problem, and will be fixed in next beta.