rejetto forum

Access for Users - v2 alpha 24

Guest · 4 · 2389

Anonymous

v2 Alpha 24

Just noticed that if I set access for users to NONE for any selected folder, real or virtual, it doesn't work.  Access is still given to these folders to anyone who logs in.  I would think that if the access is set to NONE that the folder wouldn't even show up on the screen as a choice.

Is this a bug or is this the way it is supposed to work?

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I think "none" means - just clear all check-marks and cancel all users-restrictions...  It might be reprased to Check-ALL , Cancel-All

Offline Corwin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rafi"
I think "none" means - just clear all check-marks and cancel all users-restrictions...  It might be reprased to Check-ALL , Cancel-All

That's exactly what it means.

If you grant access to specific users, it refuses access to anybody who was not explicitly given access.  

"All" grants access to all listed users, denying access to anonymous browsers.  "None" removes all the explicitly granted permissions, which also removes all restrictions that go along with granting access to specific users and makes it accessible to everybody.

I created a user named "NoAccess", with a password similar to "lajkaghanerxtew".  If I want to deny all access to something, I select "None", then give access to the "NoAccess" user.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
indeed.
maybe "access for users" should be "restrict access"

restrict access: none
would make sense