rejetto forum

RAWR-Designs.com - Offline? [Now Online]

TSG · 10 · 5306

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I apologise on behalf of our hosting provider... but for some reason our websites are offline at the moment. Apparently 'This Account Has Been Suspended' but I don't know what we did to break any rules.

The only thing I can think of is that Richard caused an infinite loop with the new site, but its happened before and I have never seen this error... I am investigating further but I can't really do much else as the account is under Richards name.

EDIT: I have sent an email and posted on the forum there, from my research it would appear some f*wit found an insecure script (probably in the new, hidden site) and hacked it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:26:43 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ok, after much thought we think it must be an error on their part, though Richard hasn't had a chance to call them, we have emailed, live chat, posted on the forum and no one will give us a reason. So we are investigating other hosting providers, and we might move our domain to a new host for the new site.

We also have a small suspicion it might be a folder full of music (which is password and hidden) belonging to someone borrowing a sub domain.

The biggest problem is they will delete our data in 14 days if they do not resolve this. And we can't access the FTP or DB to grab the files and information. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Phew.. Just made a call to America with my 'oh so perfect' spoken english. RAWR-Designs.com is back online ;D

The main reason:
We had a folder called 'archive' located at the root of our domain filled with files. AND THATS EVIL!! :O YOU MAY NOT PUT A FOLDER CALLED ARCHIVE IN THE ROOT!! :O:O (no really, you may not, they will suspend your account for it)

They did not see or understand how they could be accessed from the outside world. And therefore, without warning, thought it would be funny to suspend our domain. >_>
Well thank you hostmonster.com ;D for warning us beforehand and for giving us a time limit to remove / rename / delete it before disabling our domain!! really appreciated ;D

Losers..

Anyway, its back up.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ok, at the moment we are online at our old hosting. But expect the site to go down as we change hosting providers. There might be a delay once this has happened, we are using this is as a chance to launch the new website, it may not be 100% ready or complete, but its got everything the old site had and more. We just need some time to sort it out.

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Allright TSG and Giant Eagle ! be patient and smart enought to solve this... your site is a great help for all   ;)
Cross fingers and hope U won't loose too much.
TCube
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes, the folder name, and it had zip files in it :o

Because they offer so much hdd space they worry people will use it as external storage lol, we weren't even using a few hundred mb of our 320gb and they get worried, so we are going with a different host that will give us 1gb which we can do whatever we like with. Also Richard knows someone involved with the company (its a Netherlands based company) so we can possibly get some discounts :)

With HostMonster we have had frequent downtime and a few errors, this one was the final straw for Richard so we are awaiting the hosting providers to sort it all out.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that's why i stay with a slightly expensive hosting:
for non-critical things they ask before shooting

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Exactly, so thanks to all the donations we have enough to get better hosting now :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Our domain is transferring, so be patient, once the site is accessible we'll immediately get to work getting the new site online.