rejetto forum

applying DynDNS domain to HFS

jbfyipi · 7 · 11115

Offline jbfyipi

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie here so I appreciate any patience.  

I downloaded and installed HFS last evening.  I've been successfully running four (4) DynDNS domains on Abyss Web Server.  I can ping each individual index page with no problem, so I know that port forwarding and my web server software are running correctly.  I believe I'm forwarding port 80 on 192.168.1.100 (my webserver internal IP) through my Linksys BEFSX41 router.  Again, I have no problem reaching any of the index pages for these domains from any internet connection.  

I added a bunch of folders to the VFS of HFS last night without any problem.

*What I'm having trouble doing is taking one of the established DNS domains (http://xxxxx.podzone.net) and making that my file-sharing index page.  In other words when my friends type in that URL, I want the HFS login page to come up.  There has to be a simple way to apply that established DNS domain to the login index of HFS.    

I messed with a bunch of settings last night and I can't seem to get it to come up from an external internet connection (from work).  Right now, only my regular "test" page for that particular domain continues to come up.  I'm guessing that either I haven't set the Index File Mask or Default File Mask correctly or maybe it's an index or documents path setting in Abyss. ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, I did spend a good amount of time researching the Forum before making this inquiry.  Thanks!

JB

wbjv

did u add the new user's or even enable it so that ppl have to log in befor they can access the webpage

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline jbfyipi

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi folks,

I got it working.  I did a number of things.  Mainly forward the port that HFS was running on.  I also entered my DynDNS information, etc.  In any event, it's working great.  Awesome program!  The Self Test came in handy to see if the server was working correctly.  Thanks for your replies.  

jbfyipi

pclplante

Offline crazy_driver_78

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I just cannot figure how to start a new topic. But anyway, I'm having trouble applying my DynDns domain (mydomain.dyndns.org) to replace my external IP (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PORT) How do I access hfs over the internet using my domain name?

Thanks in advance

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you must use menu > dynamic dns > dyndns wizard
then menu > ip address > custom

next versions will need only the first step.