rejetto forum

Weblink in real folder

parade · 6 · 3173

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

I want to place some weblinks in a real folder but don't get it working.

It is possible to add a Weblink with HFS but it is not shown in the browser.
If I place an Url-Link in the harddisk-folder it is shown but looks very ugly with the Suffix "url". When I click on this Link in the browser I am asked waht to do with it.

Can someone tell me the right way to do it.

Offline exorcist

• Occasional poster
  • King of the Dust
    • View Profile
    • Dusted Wax Kingdom
Maybe you can create an html file and to format the links as you wish (so you can keep the original or your personal HFS template). I can help you if you want.
In dust we trust...

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I found a solution to my problem, but I am not sure, that this is the one and only way to do it, because it is a little bit complicated:

• I createst a HTML-File with a "href=weblink" in the real folder and named it as I wanted.
  • In the file-mask of the real folder I added the name of the html-file without the suffix.
  • Last I added a weblink to the real folder in the VFS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
right click on the real folder > new link

it will be displayed in the same list with other files contained in the real folder.

this is true until you don't have a "default" file (like index.html) in your folder, that may cause HFS to show that file contant instead of the list i'm talking about.

crazyboris_2

you cant add comments to the link.
it wont show up.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
you cant add comments to the link.
it wont show up.

Yes they do show up.

In the HFS gui Virtual File System, right click on the link, select properties, then click on the comment tab.  Add whatever comment you want for the link and apply the change.  I don't know which template you are using but there should be a [link] section.  Make sure that there is %comment% included in it somewhere after the <tr>.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:17:13 AM by maverick »
maverick