rejetto forum

delphi 10

rejetto · 112 · 46122

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

I have very very good news to announce

working as a rebutto from the start with turbo delphi 2006, until then everything was going well, then for some time I had to work on another project which required at least a delphi XE, but despite unsuccessful tests the compilation of hfs did not pass not a few minor modifications still made it possible to obtain an exe but with a display of the huge buttons as I no longer know who made us a capture

I tried the delphi rio on a loaned pc but which only accepts windows 8 at least to work, but it was rather frustrating.

I managed to find the origin of the problem, you have to go into the design of the main.not and modify all the font sizes by increasing them by 2 pixels each, compile the project then return to the normal size of all fonts

So the latest sources can be compiled on a delphi XE2 running under Windows XP

I now need to check the overbyte update and the jcl suite like on delphi rio to complete compatibility with rejetto
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:30:31 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
save your tpl as "UTF8 with BOM" helps (working example of my tpl)

this BOM thing surprises me: templates are going to always be loaded in UTF8.
If you find the latest version to not work like this, please tell me.
I also switched the Takeback tpl to chinese, and everything seemed good.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
997/5000
I have very very good news to announce

cool, thanks. Maybe the best solution is to totally remove the font settings from the DFM files ? can you try that way?

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
cool, thanks. Maybe the best solution is to totally remove the font settings from the DFM files ? can you try that way?

deleting or modifying the fonts in the dfm is not enough, it is absolutely necessary to perform the operation for each inspector object of the structure, there are less than ten

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
If you find the latest version to not work like this, please tell me.

Should we start a new topic for the Unicode problem? If we are really going to say this here, it may confuse many ones due to how complex the encode problems are...

The previous tests I done are did with alpha3, not so well; but with the new alpha4, it looked better.
As the encode problem should be tested in a full environment, install several versions of Windows with various language(sub-encodes of ANSI), it's really hard for us to summary a solution to solve these things.

Grammar here may not good...

First is the page encode problem, on alpha4 with Takeback (saved as utf8 without BOM), it will not mess-code, but the last utf8 char in a string seems got sliced from its raw data...
 On alpha3, saving template with utf8 w/o BOM will cause messcode(characters without meanings), with BOM/ANSI will not, and works well;
 On alpha4, saving with utf8 w/o BOM will cause the last utf8 char sliced, with BOM/ANSI will cause messcode(almost fullscreen of ? in a diamond shape)...

There's also another thing I want to say: the end of line sequence (Windows as CRLF, Unix as LF)
 before alpha4 the eol sequence is not so necessary, but in alpha4 when I save my template with LF it also gets a messcode(same as with BOM or ANSI)...

Second is the username problem,
Currently I tested 2 usernames: 會 and 老八,

In Original(default) template:
 with a English username I successfully logged in, but with both the usernames I got a "400 - Bad request".

In Takeback:
 On alpha3, try to login as 會 will cause a connection stay in HFS connection list with a status "receiving", and as 老八 it says user not exist;
 When the username data storaged in alpha3 "take a trip" to alpha4, they are shown as masscodes. I renamed them as they can show correctly in alpha4.
 On alpha4, as 會 it still stays there with "receiving", but as 老八 I successfully logged in.

... Ahh, let me take a break from these weirdies...

Edit: I see the login(signin) of my template is unstable in certain condition in alpha4, sometimes the logout works, sometimes cannot login... But give me more time to test them again first...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:41:20 AM by NaitLee »
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
@NaitLee

About 'signin':

Are you tried this release? (alpha 05):

http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=13286.msg1065625#msg1065625
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:59:20 AM by SilentPliz »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@Nait thanks for your detailed report!
Let me clarify some important things
1) What happened on previous versions is not important, unless something was good on previous and broken on new.
2) Tests should start only from BLANK (clear settings) or from HFS 2.3 data (that must be correctly loaded). Starting with data of previous versions invalidate the results.

Should we start a new topic for the Unicode problem? If we are really going to say this here, it may confuse many ones due to how complex the encode problems are...

staying in this topic is ok, but if you feel like having a new topic you can open it

First is the page encode problem, on alpha4 with Takeback (saved as utf8 without BOM), it will not mess-code, but the last utf8 char in a string seems got sliced from its raw data...

i saw your screenshot, so i just tried with takeback utf8 without bom, and everything seems well, like this:
Code: [Select]
文件名 (0) 修改日期 大小
Please verify that you have a clean situation before making the test, and if the problem persists then give me information and files i need to reproduce the problem on my computer.

There's also another thing I want to say: the end of line sequence (Windows as CRLF, Unix as LF)  before alpha4 the eol sequence is not so necessary, but in alpha4 when I save my template with LF it also gets a messcode(same as with BOM or ANSI)...

i tried to save as unix/LF i see no messcode

On alpha4, as 會 it still stays there with "receiving", but as 老八 I successfully logged in.

now i tried exactly 會 with password "z" and login was ok. Maybe you had problems because of alpha3 shit around.

Edit: I see the login(signin) of my template is unstable in certain condition in alpha4, sometimes the logout works, sometimes cannot login... But give me more time to test them again first...

logout was fixed in alpha5

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
I run these alpha versions mostly with Ctrl & Shift pressed, thus no configuration was loaded.

I tried many times to download alpha5 but failed, since the speed is too slow.
I switched my system language to English just now and did a test with alpha4, but the previous problems are still there with same behavior...

I'm using Windows 10 now. If needed I will do tests in other OS, like Windows 7 and wine/Linux, with different localization set.
Wait me for half one month before I can deal with this problem again...
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I run these alpha versions mostly with Ctrl & Shift pressed, thus no configuration was loaded.

try to use
Menu >> Debug >> Temporaly reset options

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I managed to find the origin of the problem, you have to go into the design of the main.not and modify all the font sizes by increasing them by 2 pixels each, compile the project then return to the normal size of all fonts

i tried as you said, but i noticed that the only change in the DFM file was to add "ExplicitLeft". Strange. Maybe i didn't do it in the right way. I did it only for the main form now, if someone will confirm that it's working i'll do it for the other windows.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i'm also adding a new feature: hfs.diff.*.tpl placed in the exe's folder will be loaded/applied.
This should help a bit people avoiding modifying the template.
You'll also be able to create simple files to attach on the forum and ask to place them in the folder.
the * is to have multiple files, each with its purpose.
Multiple files will be ordered to have a predictable loading order.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i tried as you said, but i noticed that the only change in the DFM file was to add "ExplicitLeft". Strange. Maybe i didn't do it in the right way. I did it only for the main form now, if someone will confirm that it's working i'll do it for the other windows.

I imagine that this is just a problem inherent in the delphi version, and that by doing so we get to initialize the right values quite simply. it is not necessary to add it to the dfm

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
I downloaded alpha5 via SilentPliz's link and gave it a try.

The problem is still there, again; but I found something interesting:
 there are just a part of characters got corrupted here, ex. 夹,件,as well as that 會 and some of "\( •̀ ω •́ )✧ ♫"
 but others seems well, ex. 页,期,小
see the screen shot below.

and, when I login as a username with those characters seems well, I succeed; with corrupted ones, I fail with a "receiving" stay there.

We still don't know what caused that problem. I will do tests in another OS tomorrow.
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
naitlee, can you guide me on how to reproduce the problem?
do you think it's possible to do also with default template?