rejetto forum

I will PayPal $10 to person who can help me port forward...SOLVED!

Offline Spacewaya

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
First of all, I don't claim to be some super computer expert.  I do know my way around things though. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, I just don't have the desire to keep working on the problem but I have the desire to use HFS.

I have been trying for the last month to get the port forwarded at home.  uTorrent and FTP client work easily but for some reason when I try port forwarding on HFS it doesn't work.  ???

;D I will PayPal $10 to the person who can help me port forward.

Contact me on skype (space-mobile) or text me at four zero four, eight nine zero, 0....0...7....seven.

DON'T WORRY, I'LL DONATE TO REJETTO!!  :)  ;D

Thanks for your help,

Matthew  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:47:59 AM by Spacewaya »

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Free help:

Download this free program, does everything automatically, HFS is included in its list.

LINK:

http://www.pcwintech.com/files/setups/simple_port_forwarding_v3.0.4_setup.exe

Home page program:

LINK:

http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/

(Sorry for the bad English, translated with google.)

Offline Spacewaya

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Found out the problem with the router.

I had to request a public IP Address from my internet service provider.

Then, I plugged that address into the HFS address bar and used no port (I guess you could use another port besides 80).

It worked fine! 

In the process, I figured out why it worked.  Outside computer needs to access your public IP addy, then the router routes to the specified computer.  At first, I thought people need to access the IP address of the actualy computer that is behind the router (192.168...) rather than the public IP Addy first.

Hope this helps someone.