rejetto forum

HFS and Windows Home Server

Guest · 6 · 4476

KOS

'Lo all.
Is there any way, apart from running HFS as well as Windows Home Server seperately on the same hardware, to imbed HFS into WHS and have the benefits of HFS as part of the whole WHS experience? Perhaps even some of the scripts/templates might work?
regards, KOS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
isn't WHS just a version of Windows?
what you mean by embedding?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes I don't understand this.... Windows Home Server is a completely different setup. Personally I wouldn't use it. Win XP Pro with HFS = WIN

KOS

Yes I don't understand this.... Windows Home Server is a completely different setup. Personally I wouldn't use it. Win XP Pro with HFS = WIN

WHS uses Windows Server 2003 as the base OS. I am very impressed with it for automated backups and file storage.
This is a good site for further info.
wegotserved.co.uk
I am sure that there will be more in the technical press, from MS and developers about and for WHS.

I suppose I can run HFS as a seperate server on the WHS machine. Just thought some of the scripts/templates could be used with an ordinary HTTP server to give the look and feel of HFS.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

KOS

Now running HFS on the WHS PC. Works well. I have added a link to HFS on my WHS Public web page, so anyone connecting can click the link and be taken to the log-in dialogue for HFS. Even made an HFS ico for the button as well :-)
Simple stuff, but then I'm a simple guy, unlike you marvelous people.
regards,