rejetto forum

Download resume doesn`t work (on Opera)

Guest · 6 · 8492

scv

Hi. Don`t know if it is a bug of Opera or HFS or some wrong option that i set...

Tested on 2.2f and 2.3 beta Build #274
I`ve got Opera 11.01, Windows XP

I start the download, then interrupt it (stopping server, kicking connection or stopping in browser), and when i resume, it seems that HFS continues as if it resumes and Opera starts as if it downloads anew. And after resuming target file doesn`t change in size, as if after resuming Opera sends data to some mythical /dev/null

Firefox handles pause and resuming normally, but if you kick connection or stop server, it thinks that file is fully downloaded o_O

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some browsers can't resume a download, but firefox can work as a download manager and resume .  ;)

scv

Opera also has an integrated download manager. Just wanted to know if everyone has the same.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just tested Opera 11.00 on Win7.
started  to download, then interrupted on the opera side, and the resumed correctly.
then i tried to quit HFS, relaunched HFS and Opera resumed correctly.
let me know if you find what's causing your problem, because it's working fine here.

scv

Thanks for testing.

I had a little investigation here and it seems that problem is with files with restricted access (or that lie in folders with restricted access).

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i tried that too, and had no problem.
that must be something else.
you may try to reproduce the problem with a clean installation of HFS.