Download Troubles

Guest · 13 · 5163

austin_notloggedin

Uhhhhhh.....the archive is corrupted both here and on the website. :(

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
aaah! can you test all the latest archives for me? something is not right with my compression program  ???

EDIT:  Updated the archive.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:58:52 PM by TSG »

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I use 7zip 4.65 and get a corrupted archive :)

If you zip with 7zip, you'll have to change the default settings, I must go eat, but if you didn't find during this time, I'll look into it after dinner.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I use WinRAR 3.9... and I am getting no errors reported when I run the test. Hell even windows is able to open them....

EDIT: Ok, recompressed, tested, uploaded... I cannot do much more than that.

EDIT: Yep, all works fine, I tested them all in WinRAR and Windows Explorer (my laptop has no compression program) and it opens directly in windows. I would try a different program AvvA, 7zip fail ;).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:34:03 PM by TSG »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Hi!

I used WinRar 4.90 b4 and I have also had 2 corrupted archives:  :-\

RAWR-Player-1.0.0.zip
RAWR-Template-0.1.2.zip
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:27:22 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Well, hell yes :)

I look for a newest version of 7zip, but there isn't...
So I try to find something about 7zip uncompressing zip files made with Winrar, but no luck ^^

So, I re-activate the windows unzip feature, uninstall 7-zip, reboot...
... but no more chances with windows's unzip feature, I use Windows XP SP2 without update.
The correct error isn't a corrupted archive, but an unrecognized archive (for both windows & 7zip).

for information, 7-zip 4.65 uncompress without problem the RAWR 0.1.1 that I've downloaded the 2nd of June this year.

The fact is that 7zip is freeware, where winrar and winzip are shareware, and windows, hum well, windows just support .zip ^^
I'll try on a vista machine later, but for those who don't have the possibility, perhaps you could use the same archiver that you use with v0.1.1 ?

But really, I just speak about that because we have began discussing, I don't really care if I have to uncompress with another system :)

Also, can you make a md5, just to see if there isn't a problem with the download ? (I join a thing to do that :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I did use the same archiver, and all my archives open with windows and winrar. I don't get any errors...

Will do the md5 thing.

EDIT: ok, I don't know jack about MD5, but the archive I created on my computer does not have the same MD5 as the one downloaded from our website. AND I get the error from winrar! sooo... where is Richard when you need him ;) I will try uploading with a different FTP application. ok another ftp program did not work...

EDIT: Maybe it is something to do with our online file system... might have to update the database..

EDIT: It is! ok its fixed now, will have to tell Richard.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:55:37 PM by TSG »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
TSG isnit time for you to go to sleep!?, o forgot, you living on the other side of the world hehe :-* :D ;)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I didn't go to sleep anyway lol, pulled an all nighter to catch up on some things.

Its 8:45am here.

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Sorry for the false positives :P Releasing projects with broken archives, its the first releases on the new website system and it seems Richard configured it to log the filesize and monitors it so.

They should all be up and running now. Just had to do some housekeeping at the server.

TSG

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
TSG keep on rocking, but when you passed 30 you must think about starting (just like jump starting) about your health.  ,,ehh forget about it  :)
o O say it with music, T E C H N O
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND