rejetto forum

HFS and streaming

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
well i am using the the Thunder Chicken of glory template a bit customized...

i wanna stream videos from my server so that i dont have to download them at office to watch them..

tried quite a few streaming servers but with mixed results...i read through the forums that HFS can add the streaming server but not sure how...i know i am asking for a big favour and pissing off quite a few ppl... but can someone please modify the below code for me so that i can copy paste it into my HFS and stream videos?

many many thanks

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
What type of videos, format etc? FLV? AVI? MOV? WMV?

FLV and AVI (not officially supported anymore) is the only possible ones using current RAWR-Codes, FLV can be added easily... The others use plugins which can get glitchy in dynamic content.

Other than that, not to 'piss off' rejetto :P but this might work for you http://www.tversity.com/home I use it for my PS3, it also has a web interface. That program has the ability to compress and stream videos over flash, from memory. I can't wait for HFS to support UPnP Media Server technology so I can run one less server on my computer ;D

EDIT: Ok after reading that, you seem to be using an old ToG, DivX Web Player can be added (or might already exist) in v4.0.0, so try that... or usetry out that media server i just suggested.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:57:55 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
well mostly my videos are in avi formats and mp4... but i would love it if all in one can be done..

;D

thanks for the reply

just read the TVersity..

what i am looking for is the same type of preview kinda mode as TOG's template has for MP3 files..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:12:29 AM by gangooparsad »

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok i just dled the 4.0.0 tpl of TOG,

can you please tell me how i can let it let me preview FLV files...

thanks

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
If you can wait, I am almost finished working on a Beta of the RAWR-Player which has FLV, it will work with the playlists and watnot. I can't finish it at the moment, as I am busy with final assignments.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:40:11 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Woot thansk for the reply i shall wait.!!!!

btw will it be able to play the movie from folders...

like i have all MP3 is folder and added it as real folder in the HFS and can still be able to preview the mp3.

thanks again

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
like i have all MP3 is folder and added it as real folder in the HFS and can still be able to preview the mp3.

yeah, it should be able to play anything as long as it supports the format and you can download it off of your hfs.

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile