rejetto forum

Thunderchicken of Glory - Before Logged Builds -

ledufe · 46 · 24969

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
i am trying some new stuff on the hfs, and i want to share and try some ideas, also i found some development way to easy the process of doing a template...
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
We have got the css sheets working in all browsers so far. and they change, we made a cookie code thing, and it stayed the same, but it wasnt very good, it glitched in places, it would be better if the page was php i think, but i know nothing about this.

I have to go to bed so gnight all.

More detailed version of this in http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=3872.0

Accidently started this one in here  :-[ , but it is relevant so...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 06:02:54 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Its an ever changing template and updating all the templates with a new version is a very boring task, so i have made it easier to edit by linking to seperate style_1.css sheets, so basically the template stays with one cool layout, and the colours and some style can be changed using an external sheet.

EDIT: ok have now done the same with the javascript (script.js), the contact form added a lot of javascript.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:39:36 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
Can,t see it, btw i agree that IE is not the most optimal browser. But please don't tell me what to chose.
When loading takes more than 3 seconds, my attention span gets exceeded.
~GeeS~

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
I said it before. i say it again. HFS rocks! Today i was thinking to grab all my cd s, put them in a paperbox and writhe antique on it. Harddisk is the future i belived. I aint green, and i know what mp3 is, i thoght. But now i know. It.. it.. it.., sucks?  By the way,, this Thunderchicken of Glory Template rip and rules. Ok, ok, where was i.. Yea, ..stored my box away. All i did was push eject, inserst cd, colse, refresh browser, and there it was on the web. Thats like 3 moves man hehe. HFS rocks! And guess what program i used, it starts with an w  and ends with an r.The reason i mention it, is the codecs, i did 300somethings kb and 44 with Lame and audiograbber. I need and other format man. Is it possible to convert wav to wav, reduce the file size by 10:1 and still have the good old qualyty. :D . Just my thoughts for the night. Cheers! or Skål! as i would say  in old good Norwgian
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
This template is so beautyful that i forgot to customize it

[attachment deleted by admin]
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
heh sorry about the ie killer ~Gees~ :P MASSIVE apologies, it has been removed, i forgot it was still there, especially since the template works in all browsers now, i only use it in IE when it really makes me angry  >:(.... but this time its been pleasent to work with... sorta, apart from a few css hacks... loading my hfs will be slow at the moment, because i am downloading torrents, AND i only have 17kb\s upload speed, so when im fully operational it should load in less than 2 seconds.

Thanks for the good reviews fysack, a new version of this template is going to be uploaded sometime tonight, i am commenting it to make it easier for people to use. (tonight in australia :-\).

I need to know before i put them together, do people want the template to have a login system or not?

Note: the version on my hfs is a preview site, the templates that i will make available to public use will only have 1 style and script that loads externally i will write some in depth instructions on how to get these external files working, that is unless people don't want the external files... so post about it.... i feel the external files make it easier to edit, because the user can simply open the css and js files in dreamweaver (for e.g.) and edit away, unlike the template.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 08:56:00 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Newest version is posted, i was going to have external css, javascript, but i feel it was to complicated for the user to implement, especially with the user having to make a MIME type for the css.

EDIT: also can someone please tell me which is the favourite layout, mine is the blue/white one.
EDIT: do people want the template to have a login system or not, if not tell me?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 08:09:35 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Sometimes i'm unfortunately forced to use IE.
The blue/white style looks nice.
~GeeS~

Jim

Your login page is screwed.  It times out with url not found.  Also with the graph the page keeps refreshing itself.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
No idea why its refreshing "Jim", just because the graph is on the page doesn't mean it refreshes lol. Its not even in the template code lol. AND also the login form is a trial feature i am thinking of going back to a link href button. OK its 2am and im sleepin, night all.

I am ready for any advice, thats the idea of this forum post, so we build a template that everyone likes :D

~Gees~ i like the blue/white one aswell :), so far everyone is leaning towards that. 

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:40:07 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
ok i have a problem, i want to link to the style sheet within the template [style] so it loads inside a javascript popup in the template.... like so...

tmp.write('<html><head><title>Contact</title><style>%style%</style></head><body>');

i know im doing it right for inside the template, but in this it makes the popup not work, can anyone explain why?

i am thinking i am going to have to redo all the css with the popup like, <style>pasting of needed css</style>

EDIT: yea i needed to paste it all in.... yucky, so if anyone knows how to get the link to the hfs stylsheet tell me...

EDIT: due to popular demand the blue/white one is going to be the only one now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:31:50 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline herbiman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Is it possible that we could have a "ThunderChicken_01" template, without a login system.

Then "ThunderChicken_02", with a login system.

Followed by "ThunderChicken_03" etc etc.

My point, as almost always, is the wiki.
http://rejetto.com/wiki/index.php?title=Template_Examples
The idea of course, is to explain (or at least show) the differences in various templates so that users can create their own.

I'll happily discuss this more if you want, and I'll also happily make the first draft of the doc. as soon as you say the 01 version is ready.

Alternatively, you have a perfect right to say that you don't want this in the wiki, although I think that would be a great pity.

I'd also welcome input from anybody about which templates are good to put in the wiki. ledufe is now hosting a vast collection (reachable from the above link) but I don't know which one to add next!

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Good job with the Wiki!

My favourite template at the moment: Clean from chionsas
~GeeS~

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
I personally think the Thunderchicken of Glory template sucks! My god, i've never seen such a bad template in my life. I mean 'Thunderchicken of Glory' ??? What were they thinking!?

Incase you didn't realise by now, sarcasm. Much, much sarcasm  ;). ToG is based off www.isohunt.com layout - based off meaning that stevens guy swiped it good. Him, Ledufe and I are working together to build the ultimate template to show just what sorts of things you can do with HFS. We still have a long road ahead of us and many more features to add.

That Stevens Guy may be inferior in just about every way, but he's a good worker drone and i'm working him hard to keep us on schedule. The way I see it, this won't end up being a template for every day use in the end, it'll just be one that shows off a whole lot of snazzy features, although Ledufe and TSG may have some other ideas on that one. If anyone has any suggestions or stuff they'd like to see on the template, please contact one or all of us with a detailed explanation of what you're looking for.

Here are our roles:
TSG: Layout, colour scheme
Flynsarmy: coder
Ledufe: public relations. We're relying on heavily his metrosexual good looks to keep us popular.

--End Transmission--