rejetto forum

Ports help me rejetto!!

Guest · 10 · 5783

GPecks

I have read many of these threads and I  have done most of what they recomend .
I am using  Win XP with a belkin router I have forwarded the port enabled dmz ( opens all ports ) and have no fire wall running on my pc  I can   get in on my home network but not any where else
PLEASE help me.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what version are you using?
what does the self-test say?

GPecks

Thanks for the reply (FAST)   ver 2.0a and the self test says successful  server should be working fine

Gpecks

I have updated to  2.0b now but still no luck. No ip bans and no user restrictions. I had originally reversed the logic (ip bans) to restrict access but I have deleted them  and still not working.I should also say that I use procexp.exe to kill a bunch of processes on start up is there something running in the back that I need  that Im killing.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
is the IP you are giving the same HFS tells when clicking on "find external address" ?

GPecks

When you say the ip I am giving  do you mean the ip at the port  forwarding page if so then no
If you mean in the ban list no not here either but they are deleted now.
I have tried to connect to the server off my home network with my internal and external ips and  neither worked  (page cannot display or it times out). I also tried with no router and couldnt connect
This may be silly question but is  the invert logic still on and now with no entry it bans all ips, if this is a dumb question sorry

GPecks

I  just realized you probably meant  giving to connect and yes

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I  just realized you probably meant  giving to connect and yes
yes, that's what i meant

This may be silly question but is  the invert logic still on and now with no entry it bans all ips
no, of course.

are you able to make another server software work?
like an ftp server, or another http server (apache)

GPecks

Well I downloaded  the beta version and checked the listen on any ip and now it works, I have no idea what I was doing wrong on the others versions.  Thank you for your help rejetto

GPecks

I may have figured out what was wrong. My Belkin  router has a port forwarding option of course but it wasnt letting anyone in so then I turned on the dmz option which  should open all ports on my network for a given ip (I was told by belkin support that it turns off my firewall NOT TRUE it pulls my pc out of the firewall protection but it doesnt turn it off).I found a separate option to turn off firewall off completely. This whole time I was under the  impression my router firewall was off because of what belkin told me about the dmz and it wasnt.I disabled the router firewall and everything works fine. I was even able to turn my personal firewall back and now authorized people can connect.
Thanks again