rejetto forum

HFS Behind a router

Guest · 7 · 5968

Carl

Hello everyone!

Turns out I got a LAN set up at home and obviously me and my mate both share the same public IP. Is it possible for us both to run HFS at the same time? For now, if one of us runs it and the other tries to access the file index (127.0.0.1:83) it says "NO FILES". If we try and access localhost from the same computer that first launched HFS, it works fine.

Does this mean that HFS will only redirect to whoever launches HFS first? Is there a way we can access both PCs remotely even though we share the same public IP?

Many thanks!

Cheers

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
You would have to use different Ports, say you on IP:83 , your other computer on IP:84.

You cant use both HFS on the same port, its not possible i think.

For Example, the External IP will connect on port 83 for one computer and port 84 for the other. If they are both on port 83 the connection will hit the router and well confusion ensues and it will just go to the easiest link... this is my little crazy theory, of course rejetto will know the definite answer, just put both on different ports and u will have no problems i think, have you tried this?

Carl

Well I tried giving my mate's instance of HFS port 84 and I also opened that in the router but I get a 'problem loading page' error when trying to connect... Any ideas?

Cheers

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Carl

yes, use different ports

Well as I say, I can connect to one (always the first PC to run HFS), but the other displays an error page.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Which computer is port forwarded by the router? and also do you have static IP set for the internal network IP's of you computers.

You may need to configure 2 separate rules for the 2 computers.

And like rejetto said... NO FILES is an error page?? is it in the HFS template, or in the browser, thats a strange error for a browser. It would only say it in the template if you haven't hosted any file on the HFS lol.